Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ETA for Model 3 White and Tan Interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any tea leaf readers, deciphers, deviners out there... calling when we’ll see white and tan interior options made available for config?

How many others are holding out for this?

I am not a fan of black interiors - detail gets lost in the dark and shadows, too claustrophobic, overly hot in the summer, and depressing. I like the more open and larger feeling of a light interior, that encourages a more positive vibe.

Fall '17. haha. That was the last date Tesla gave I think.
I'm also waiting for the white interior for all the same reasons. I'm also waiting for dual motor. There are dual motor test cars in the wild with the white interior so maybe it will come at the same time. There hasn't been any indication that there will be a tan interior though I would order that over white. I guess there's no reason for them to add another interior color until they run out of buyers for the loaded models (PUP + LR).

Any tea leaf readers, deciphers, deviners out there... calling when we’ll see white and tan interior options made available for config?

I am not a fan of black interiors - detail gets lost in the dark and shadows, too claustrophobic, overly hot in the summer, and depressing. I like the more open and larger feeling of a light interior, that encourages a more positive vibe.
For me...what's depressing is waiting any longer than necessary. The most positive vibe? Getting my car sooner than later. I'll take whatever interior is available when my configuration email comes in. (hopefully I will have some options...but I doubt it.)

Dan

I'm going to wait until April 2nd to order in hopes of the ultra white coming out before then. That would have my car with 3 to 5 weeks to spare before Memorial Day. I'm afraid that they release the white at the same time as the dual motors and I jump back to to the bottom of the list and I spend an additional $4,500 on this vehicle.

I think Kim for Like Tesla is still in the wait and see group for the white interior.

Don't want to wait? We have White Seat Upgrade Kits in Leather or Vegan in a variety of designs.

Here is a White Leather Seat Upgrade Kit in Insignia Design

pink-tesla-model-3-white-custom-leather-interior-seat-upgrade-kit-wm-1.JPG
pink-tesla-model-3-white-custom-leather-interior-seat-upgrade-kit-wm-2.JPG

Unless my memory is failing me (entirely possible!), cream interior has literally never once been mentioned for Model 3 by anyone at Tesla, unfortunately. That’s not to say it won’t happen, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for it anytime soon.

Reactions: 03DSG

The white hopefully with AWD or earlier. As far as tan goes Tesla eliminated it for the S and X and replaced it with creme.

• Informative
Reactions: SCW-Greg
i too am waiting on my configuration invite for the white. Two days ago I got a nice email from a tesla inside sales person asking me if I had any questions or if there was anything he could do to help me finalize my configuration. When I asked about the white, he said he didn’t know when it would be available.

I also want the white interior. My updated delivery estimate in my Tesla.com account for LR is May-July. Not sure if the white interior would be available by then.If not, I have to hold my spot till it's available. What does "hold my spot" mean? Does it mean I can configure my model 3 at any time once my desired option becomes available(white interior) and get my car delivered in 4-6 weeks?

• Helpful
Reactions: 03DSG
My apologies for the double-post.

As I’ve spent many months waiting patiently (and not-so-patiently) for the white interior, I think at this point it will entirely depend on two things: How Tesla addresses the tax credit situation, and when the assembly line upgrades are up and running.

If they decide that they’re going to hit 200K US deliveries in Q2, I’d expect the white interior to become relatively soon. Say, maybe the second week of Q2?

But if they focus on pushing deliveries out to Q3 for the tax credit (or the assembly line upgrades take longer than anticipated) I would expect the option to become available sometime in June for July deliveries, followed by AWD in Mid-July.

I am genuinely curious how hard it is to add interior color options. It's not like they're making the fabric themselves. It seems like it would be much easier than having multiple paint color options. On the other hand they're selling every car they can make right now so they may as well wait until they've sold all the LR and dual motor models they can. I'm starting to see a black interior in my future...