Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ETA for Model 3 White and Tan Interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kim for LikeTesla just put out a video that saying that on the Tesla.com forums someone was saying 3 weeks and $3,500 for the white seats. Tesla took down the posts on it. Does anyone have any info on this as I missed it

Will be super annoying if this is yet another price bump that pushes the standard battery out even further. I could see them announcing white interior in the next month at the time they announce Q1 numbers or the share holders meeting.

I do love the look of white, but the idea of ruining the seats with blue jeans is a show stopper for me. I'm pissed off about my Apple watch sportband that was ruined by my Jeans, imagine car seats which are 2k a pop to replace. The T-Sportline seats look nice, but all the good things we've heard about how comfortable Tesla's seats are...

I do love the look of white, but the idea of ruining the seats with blue jeans is a show stopper for me. I'm pissed off about my Apple watch sportband that was ruined by my Jeans, imagine car seats which are 2k a pop to replace. The T-Sportline seats look nice, but all the good things we've heard about how comfortable Tesla's seats are...

Don’t the Tesla vegan white leather seats hold up exceptionally well over time even with jeans?

Will be super annoying if this is yet another price bump that pushes the standard battery out even further. I could see them announcing white interior in the next month at the time they announce Q1 numbers or the share holders meeting.

This has always been true of any color of seat that isn’t black. My black with tan interior S85 had a bit of this issue when I wore brand new dark blue jeans. I still loved the color combo. Just something some of us can worry about / be okay with. ;)

Yes, but they are not impervious to slight discoloration over time as has been shown on several YouTube videos.

Dan
I think most youtube vids that show discoloration with the white seats are with the perforated ones, which Tesla discontinued quickly. I don't think I've seen one where permanent discoloration happened to the current "full" white vegan-leather seats. If you have seen this please link me, I would love to be proven wrong ;)

I think most youtube vids that show discoloration with the white seats are with the perforated ones, which Tesla discontinued quickly. I don't think I've seen one where permanent discoloration happened to the current "full" white vegan-leather seats. If you have seen this please link me, I would love to be proven wrong ;)
"Holding up really well" but also showing some blueing after a month of ownership. Is it permanent? I don't know.

Dan

• Informative
Reactions: Schowtyme
If Tesla is asking extra for white interior, two things are happening.
Tesla wants to milk every penny of out you
or that’s their way of forcing the less fortunate people looking for “affordable” electric cars to drop their reservations.

or that’s their way of forcing the less fortunate people looking for “affordable” electric cars to drop their reservations.

Yep. Because isn’t the vegan white the same price as vegan black on the S and X? This company is starting to lose me (not that it would matter to them, I can’t afford 3 if their cars).

If the $3,500 extra for the white seats rumor is true, it's really starting to put a sour taste in my mouth with Tesla nickel and diming. I was invited to configure on 3/22/18 but have deferred as I'm waiting for AWD, SR, and the white seats. Don't mind paying $5,000 or less for the AWD, but $3,500 for just a color change...now way. As much as I don't like the black interior, there is no way I'd pay more than $500 for the white interior option. And even at that price point, I'd still be upset, especially since I'm already going to pay $5,000 for PUP.

--Cintoman

Reactions: Schowtyme

or, it will be packaged with something else (ie AWD) to differentiate and justify price increase. Buy a BMW, Merc, Porsche....all have higher priced seating options.

btw: no one says they have to sell a product that makes you happy.....

If
or, it will be packaged with something else (ie AWD) to differentiate and justify price increase. Buy a BMW, Merc, Porsche....all have higher priced seating options.

btw: no one says they have to sell a product that makes you happy.....

I would be overjoyed if the AWD was $3,500 and included the White Interior. I believe Elon said the AWD would be <$5,000. Right now I think the LR is about $3,500 overpriced and the PUP is $1,000 under-priced.

If

I would be overjoyed if the AWD was $3,500 and included the White Interior. I believe Elon said the AWD would be <$5,000. Right now I think the LR is about $3,500 overpriced and the PUP is $1,000 under-priced.

IF there is an "extra charge", this could be the scenario. Personally I don't think White will be coupled with AWD. (Must get one with the other.) More likely, that 3500 is either a total fabrication or the rumor got mangled and is actually the price of AWD.

White interior is not an extra charge over black or cream premium interiors on the S/X so to charge extra for it on the 3 would be uncool.

So, does anyone think the release of white interior is tied to a production milestone? (x per week)

Based on the original estimate of "fall" for the white, and when they expected to be at 5k/week by end of Q4 (IIRC), I'm hoping that means that it is for real "soon" given they seem to have cleared the bottlenecks, based on the report released today.

Reactions: SCW-Greg
So, does anyone think the release of white interior is tied to a production milestone? (x per week)

Based on the original estimate of "fall" for the white, and when they expected to be at 5k/week by end of Q4 (IIRC), I'm hoping that means that it is for real "soon" given they seem to have cleared the bottlenecks, based on the report released today.

Yes, that thought crossed my mind too. At some point it has to be addressed.
Clearing bottlenecks might also be a sign they have additional lines in place to handle variants.

Reactions: Bimbels
Does anyone know if Tesla is manufacturing the seats for the Model 3? I believe they took the Model X seats in house at the Kato Road facility but was not sure on the 3. I can't think of any major bottlenecks they would cause other then getting the material. The door pieces and dash might be a little different assembly but nothing that seems to major.

Reactions: Drax