Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[...] Handelsblatt only repeat that TM will start selling in Germany in July[...]

Here's the article: Tesla will ab August in Deutschland verkaufen - Handelsblatt

- - - Updated - - -

[...]Second, I can clearly see that we will get a better car. The delays aren't out of nothing. Just read the threads about cracked windshields, creaking pano roofs, unreliable door handles... Of course, things like that were expected, too, and I'm glad that so far there are no serious (call-back worthy) issues, but it makes me comfortable with waiting a few more months if that means that I'm far more likely to get a trouble-free car

Ok, maybe I'm the only one here, but I would have preferred to get my car substantially earlier, even if that whould have meant, that there are a few minor issues - as long as they don't prevent me from driving it.

- - - Updated - - -

It is quite clear that the first European deliveries will be produced in June. In the Q1 earnings call less than two weeks ago they told investors that Q2 earnings would suffer because 500 cars would be in transit to Europe at the end of the quarter (and therefore not "sold" yet in accounting terms.

Can you point me to the relevant part of the earnings call, where they mention the 500 cars?

I was only able to find this in here: Tesla Motors' CEO Discusses Q1 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript

Deepak Ahuja - CFO said:
As you can see we’re projecting lower deliveries in North America since we have quite a few cars on the board being shipped to Europe and that consumes some degree of working capital which becomes a part of our cash flow from operations and that’s a significant number. So, when you combine the lower deliveries because we’re producing for Europe and the fact that we have these cars on the board that has an impact.

In any case, your bottom line is right: They seem to plan some manufacturing for Europe in Q2.

Last edited:
Keep the faith!

I know how you feel, I had/have the same experiences.

After Tesla informed us officially at the Q3 conference call, that they would not be able/willing to keep the "late 2012" target for European deliveries, I decided to buy a smart ED as interim solution until I would get my Model S. Because Elon told us in the same conf call, that it could be delivered sooner than the "March/April timeframe", I only planed to to use the Smart ED for my comute to/from work and back during four months. Now I've been driving this smallest of EVs for almost 6 Months and I logged about 18'000km on it.

Although I'm quite happy with the Smart ED and my electric driving experience, every month, every week and every day, I have to wait longer for my Model S is quiet painful and I really hope it all will be over soon.

If Tesla could at least show us a picture of a fully equipped European Model S or tell us, when manufacturing will finally begin and which VINs we'll get, that would give me a bit more comfort in finally knowing that they are making some kind of progress in manufacturing our cars.

But since they even haven't announced more details about the European 3-Phase charging options and connectors, I'm still afraid, that they are still in the process of figuring these things out, and that they are nowhere near readiness for production.

Now, that Elon Musk told the "Handelsblatt", that first delivery in Europe will start in August, while the delivery windows in my preMVPA says "Jun-Jul" and the Website said "late spring", when I was finalizing, I'm a bit shocked, as my summer vacation plans (a road trip with the Model S) is at stake.

Most of the issues are resolved, but you have to drag it from Tesla:smile: During my testdrive and configuration cycle recently (I ordered mine last week: #811) I got some answers to my questions. One of them was about the 3-Phase charging. During an event in Norway, Elon stated that the 3-Phase converter is in production and that, as a side effect, it performs more efficient than the single phase converter. Apart from the Type-2 connectors for charging stations, they told me there is a 400V/3-fase connector. This is the normal 'krachtstroom' connector as used by commercial and building companies. If you have a 3 x 25A house connection, it is fairly easy to install such a 400v/3-fase connector. This is at least true for the Netherlands and for Germany I presume.
My delivery window states: Aug-Sept ( as you can check at this spreadsheet: thewhitespace

Hang in there!
Jack

Most of the issues are resolved, but you have to drag it from Tesla:smile: During my testdrive and configuration cycle recently (I ordered mine last week: #811) I got some answers to my questions. One of them was about the 3-Phase charging. During an event in Norway, Elon stated that the 3-Phase converter is in production and that, as a side effect, it performs more efficient than the single phase converter. Apart from the Type-2 connectors for charging stations, they told me there is a 400V/3-fase connector. This is the normal 'krachtstroom' connector as used by commercial and building companies. If you have a 3 x 25A house connection, it is fairly easy to install such a 400v/3-fase connector. This is at least true for the Netherlands and for Germany I presume.
My delivery window states: Aug-Sept ( as you can check at this spreadsheet:

Hang in there!
Jack

Sorry guys, I accidentally included the link to my own companies extranet.... The spreadsheet is available on a 'public' link from the community, so please ignore mine :)
(couldn't find a way to edit my post to remove it....)

Ciao; Jack

EU GP #809 reported his VIN at the german tff-forum.de . He also seemed supprised as he is no sig holder or roadster owner.

Maybe the Tesla Factory is batching the EU cars along with the US cars regardless of the seq no or finalizing order.

For me as an EU sig reservation holder, who has been waiting a few years for the car this would be very disapointing. The only reason, why I paid the Sig Premium was, so I would get my car earlier.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

EU GP #809 reported his VIN at the german tff-forum.de . He also seemed supprised as he is no sig holder or roadster owner.

Maybe the Tesla Factory is batching the EU cars along with the US cars regardless of the seq no or finalizing order.

For me as an EU sig reservation holder, who has been waiting a few years for the car this would be very disapointing. The only reason, why I paid the Sig Premium was, so I would get my car earlier.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

If the car gets built early, it doesn't necessarily mean it gets delivered early.

Got VIN for P85S

If the car gets built early, it doesn't necessarily mean it gets delivered early.

I have reserved a P85 Signature in June 2012 got reservation ID EU:366. Tesla says Car is delivered in July and today I got the VIN: 5YJSA2DP2DFS14231.

What does the VIN say ?

Can someone pls post their Tesla Model S App for iPhone to Dropbox and share the link ? The Model S app is not yet available in Switzerland Store.

Anyone able to say if this car is now finished in production or has already arrived in Europe ?

Many Norwegians now reporting getting their VINs (one example 14408). No clear picture yet, but suspected that Performance is the common factor.

The main mod on the Norwegian forum has contacts at Tesla HQ. He has posted some information he says is officially confirmed to him, including that on June 10, no EU cars had entered production yet.

Yes! also got a VIN: 5YJSA2DPXDFS14347

yippee! Yes! Got mine too : 5YJSA2DP9DFS14291

@all: Please update your entries at the EU Delivery Status List

- - - Updated - - -

Where can you se the VIN? First page on "My Tesla" ?

You can see it here:

TSLA-VIN.jpg

Many Norwegians now reporting getting their VINs (one example 14408). No clear picture yet, but suspected that Performance is the common factor.

The main mod on the Norwegian forum has contacts at Tesla HQ. He has posted some information he says is officially confirmed to him, including that on June 10, no EU cars had entered production yet.

I have a Performance, but no VIN yet in My Dashboard