Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No rumors, it's wording from Tesla rep...

Unfortunately, Tesla reps are not a consistent and reliable source. Personally, I got explicit, written confirmation from a Tesla rep that Norway's 230V IT power system would be supported for 3-phase charging, which now has been contradicted by official confirmation on the web site.

Note also that Norwegian customers have received an email that stated that EU production started in mid-June.

Unfortunately, Tesla reps are not a consistent and reliable source. Personally, I got explicit, written confirmation from a Tesla rep that Norway's 230V IT power system would be supported for 3-phase charging, which now has been contradicted by official confirmation on the web site.

Note also that Norwegian customers have received an email that stated that EU production started in mid-June.

Hi DonPedro.....Can you please post link to the european charging document version ? I have requested several times information but have not received anything. thanks marco

One of the problems here might be that the Tesla reps aren't informed as well. Sometimes it seems we get information quicker via this forum then the Tesla reps themselves.

I hope I get my car in September (Aug-Sep window), but we'll see.

Btw, I think you can charge on 230V IT, since it seems it's not a true 3-phase charger, but 3 separate chargers, one for each phase.

Hi DonPedro.....Can you please post link to the european charging document version ? I have requested several times information but have not received anything. thanks marco
Model S Specs and Standard Features | Tesla Motors

One of the problems here might be that the Tesla reps aren't informed as well. Sometimes it seems we get information quicker via this forum then the Tesla reps themselves.

I hope I get my car in September (Aug-Sep window), but we'll see.

Btw, I think you can charge on 230V IT, since it seems it's not a true 3-phase charger, but 3 separate chargers, one for each phase.

Model S Specs and Standard Features | Tesla Motors

Thanks...But that is the information that is available since a long time. I search the european version of this: Tesla Charging | Tesla Motors (go to USA country on tesla site, than charging)

Today I was at the Tesla store at Zurich hoping to get more information about delivery to Switzerland.
They said, production for Europe is in progress now (not sure about my car though) and that shipping to Europe will be in July. She said something about that cars with destination Switzerland come directly to Switzerland, not via the Netherlands (she probably meant that they will not be finalized in the Netherlands but in Switzerland, but as I didn't ask, this is just a guess).
She was very positive that my Sig #217 will be delivered in August, not later! Not sure if I'm happy with that or unhappy....

When she checked my 'MyTesla', she was surprised that there was no 'expected delivery' date displayed. It is supposed to show up somewhere in the 'Status' field.
Is this just with me? Do you guys see the expected delivery date in your 'MyTesla'?

myTesla.PNG

@mkuendig: She also mentioned that there will be a mailing about 'charging' going out soon to all reservation holders (only in Switzerland or in all European countries, I don't know).

For you to know, my contact here at Tesla France told me that my Model S Signature Performance #333 that was schedule for June/July is now delayed to first week of September...
He also said that Norway and CH will get the EU models first (not really EU countries), probably mid/later August.

Did you guys get also some news about your car with Tesla? What was written in the contract you signed?

Cheers From France!

- - - Updated - - -

So Tesla has been constantly moving the time frame for European Model S deliverys. So it's no wonder, that some people here, having paid up to 50k$ for their signature reservation 3 years ago are pissed off.

The least Tesla could do is to raise the level of transparency, so the future owners of the cars now what's really going on. I think it would be nice to know, when my car is going to be manufactured and, if its done, where the car currently is beeing shiped and what the status of that transport is.

Well.. seems that Tesla loves Petition (The White House Petition supporting Tesla's right to sell in all 50 states), why don't WE EUROPEAN CUSTOMERS don't do a petition to TESLA in order to get something from them? We will all have to wait, but maybe doing this, Tesla will handle us better and maybe make an offer to us (why not first year service plan?)

Ok, it's a startup, and we all agreed about the delays (now more than 12 months from the original plans), but now we signed papers that indicates clearly LATEST DELIVERY and if they are late we can get the money back + interest... of course no one will cancel, but they have to respect the contract or give something to us!

What you think?

what I think: no way.

You weren't forced by Tesla to sign that contract, or to send your reservation fee, in the first place. Customers in U.S. and Canada went to similar "crisis", with posts "where is my car" / "I want solid dates" / "I will cancel if..." written all over the place. No reaction from Tesla.
The best thing to expect from Tesla is the occasional phone call and/or email if you persist to contact them, containing updated delivery information. Don't expect Tesla to throw you a bone beyond that.

I rather take a perfect finished car then one which was rushed through the factory to meet their delivery demands.

Tesla is still a startup company and they have never delivered a car on this scale in Europe, so for them everything is also new.

For you to know, my contact here at Tesla France told me that my Model S Signature Performance #333 that was schedule for June/July is now delayed to first week of September...
He also said that Norway and CH will get the EU models first (not really EU countries), probably mid/later August.

Did you guys get also some news about your car with Tesla? What was written in the contract you signed?

Cheers From France!

- - - Updated - - -

Well.. seems that Tesla loves Petition (The White House Petition supporting Tesla's right to sell in all 50 states), why don't WE EUROPEAN CUSTOMERS don't do a petition to TESLA in order to get something from them? We will all have to wait, but maybe doing this, Tesla will handle us better and maybe make an offer to us (why not first year service plan?)

Ok, it's a startup, and we all agreed about the delays (now more than 12 months from the original plans), but now we signed papers that indicates clearly LATEST DELIVERY and if they are late we can get the money back + interest... of course no one will cancel, but they have to respect the contract or give something to us!

What you think?

I have now sent an email to Elon ([email protected])

"Hi Elon

since weeks I try to get somebody from Tesla to answer my emails and I can't get any answers. I have sent at least 6 different emails to various people (in CC) and none of them answers.

I find it very curious on what is going on with european deliveries. At the moment on the teslamotorsclub forums many people are voicing their anger on not getting any reliable information.

There are people that paid reservations 4 years ago, I paid my signature reservation a year ago and still don't have a reliable delivery date.

For the records why the european people get unsatisfied:

Just for the Record:

I work in IT also and I know that sometimes delays happen. But if there is a delay, I inform my clients on what is going on. At the moment nobody from Europe answers any emails and I find that very, very disturbing.

Can you please look in to that and get a communication out. Any channel is fine, best would be to get a blog entry or a personal email to all reservation holders that got promises with delivery in June.

People in the US get now there deliveries 3 weeks after order (non signature). I understand that Tesla is listed at the stock exchange and has quarterly pressure. But that quarterly pressure should not be negative for signature holders that paid substantial sums to get early shippings.

thanks for a reply
Marco Kuendig"

what I think: no way.
I rather take a perfect finished car then one which was rushed through the factory to meet their delivery demands.
Tesla is still a startup company and they have never delivered a car on this scale in Europe, so for them everything is also new.

It's not what i'm saying.
We all know we have to wait, and I prefer wait more to get a better car than just get the car now.

What I'm telling is that, because they are late we can maybe ask for a discount or a special offer... At least ASK...
Even if they say no, they will know that we are a bit disappointed because we don't have yet the car... maybe we will get a present upon delivery!

Asking cost nothing ;-)

My Fisker Karma was supposed to arrive 'late 2009' and I actually got it in January 2012: a delay of more than two years after a wait of more than four years. And the car still had a lot of problems. So many problems that I sold it.

The Model S has now been delayed from 'late 2012' to what looks like August 2013 for the first cars. That's 8 months, so a lot less. And I'm convinced it will be a much more reliable car than the one Fisker delivered. Ofcourse I wish I already had my car, but Tesla could definitely have done a worse job.

I wouldn't be surprised if timing and batching has a lot to do with the delays.

The timing element is pure financials (the joys of a public company). They want to produce and receive revenue for the cars in the same quarter. That means that with the lag of shipping the cars over seas they have to try and fit the production, shipment and delivery into the same quarter.

The batching is also tied into financials. It's undoubtedly cheaper to send a batch of cars all at once rather than send them one by one. The more they can fill up a given ship, I'm confident the cheaper the cost per car is.

I'm speculating here, but you can see how both of these things impact the company fiscally and they want to maintain that stock price. It's their responsibility as corporate officers to do that. Those of you in this forum that own TSLA also want that. Heck, some of you are counting on that to happen so you can buy your car!:biggrin:

I have received a reply. Not from Elon but another person. I have sig eu res 366. Car is built week 8th july and in Switzerland mid august for delivery. So my advice: Ask your european contacts multiple times. If no answer, escalate.
I got the same information by going to the store, without escalation ;) (see earlier post)
At least I am becoming a little more confident that delivery will happen before end of August...

I have received a reply. Not from Elon but another person. I have sig eu res 366. Car is built week 8th july and in Switzerland mid august for delivery. So my advice: Ask your european contacts multiple times. If no answer, escalate.

As toms said, i also got the info from Tesla local shop (France here) :
Tigerjeff said:

The only bad thing is that orders were not handled on first reserved, first delivered.
Mkuendig, you can be happy to live in CH, even with a higher reservation number that me and not a performance, you will get your car 2 month before me !

Enjoy ;-)

Last edited:
The only bad thing is that order were not handled on first reserved, first delivered.
Mkuendig, you can be happy to live in CH, even with a higher reservation number that me and not a performance, you will get your car 2 month before me !

Enjoy ;-)

That's the problem of using the same sequence for the whole of Europe minus the UK. If Norway and Switzerland had a separate sequence, other europeans with lower numbers wouldn't be complaining as much. The UK has a separate sequence and I haven't heard much complaining that they will get their cars way after everybody else in Europe.

Since shipping logistics are very different between Norway and the EU, it would make sense to have a separate sequence. But I guess Tesla didn't know it would be like this when they started taking reservations.