Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, those 10km trips in cold weather are horrible for "fuel" economy as well ;) The car starts out with 500-600 Wh/km and then averages down and by the time I get to the office it's down to ~290Wh/km average for the whole trip with most of the gains from last few km. But it's still 60+% more than rated consumption ;) I guess I'll take the news crew up on their offer to film a trip of 230 miles to see if we can do it in winter conditions. I'll probably do a range charge at home, then drive to some place where we'll meet and plug the car into one of the chargers and top-up again to full range charge. Once we start the car should be firstly warm from me charging at home + driving there + topping up so going ~80-90km/h from there to the destination city and back should be doable quite nicely. I've computed that I need to average below 230Wh/km to make it and that should be possible (i.e. the consumption can be up to 27% above rated). This trip is something that news has done with Leafs and they've needed multiple recharges, running at 50km/h and turning the climate off. I plan to have a warm cabin and calm driving at standard speeds. This should bring the Tesla back to front pages and make it even more appealing to multiple buyers.

why did you sell and buy a new? wrong spec?

Economic reasons.

Some people have more money than patience.
Me the other way around.

After making some $$ in TSLA, I made some in Tesla, too.

Got to drive my model S for a few weeks. Ordered same model the day of the sale. Same options. Now with over 10.000 VIN numbers in between, I expect still better build quality.

My roadster helps me through the waiting time.

Having owned a MS before, I can say, I did never regret having gotten one. I love the car, the company.

Mine showed up a week ago 29553. The E in position 10 means model 2014. Only H1 is not decodable through known vin's but just looks like twin/DC charger and battery pack 85Kwh.
ETA March in Belgium... Hope feb. 2014 is right. BUT... Keep us posted when you go in production. From then it should be 8 weeks to delivery.

Every 2014er Tesla has H1.
Whether it's a S85, P85 or P85 +.
You can now also no longer recognize of the VIN, if he has a double loader or not.

My car ist still in Produktion. Since 20.12.2013
I think the factory has closed between years.
Now mycar is partially completed, in the factory.

Production complete !!!!!

Status 2.01.2014.JPG