Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problem is that there is no alternative. And, as you know, taxes and bonuses in Sweden for more expensive EVs is changing. So I think I will cancel if it’s not here by June 2022. Really irritating, I ordered dec 2020, with delivery March 2021, then changed to September 2021 and now maybe mid 2022. 😞
Such a bummer. I ordered mine on the refresh release day (Jan 28th).
Luckily, I am quite happy with my Model 3 Performance - but I have seriously started looking elsewhere due to the reactive behavior of Tesla. It is quite likely that the date will be pushed again and again…?
On the other hand (glass half full and all that) the delay could also result in things like current quality issues taken care of, new headlights, tow hitch etc.

Fingers crossed

Reactions: Hurkie
I asked my sales rep and they didn't know when MS would be here, and I mentioned I wanted to switch to MYLR if it was gonna be later than March. They said I could order that and that it was possible to trade up for a MS when it eventually does come. Anyone have any experience with that?

I asked my sales rep and they didn't know when MS would be here, and I mentioned I wanted to switch to MYLR if it was gonna be later than March. They said I could order that and that it was possible to trade up for a MS when it eventually does come. Anyone have any experience with that?
This is exactly what I am doing. When I learnt that the MS wouldn't be delivered in September, I ordered a Model 3 Performance which I will trade in for the MS when it decides to arrive. I don't expect that Tesla would pay more for it than what they normally would though. Do let us know if you get such a deal :)

Jesus, what a **** up. They will have massive cancellations.
For sure ! It's so incredible that it looks to be a bad soap opera ! 🥵

In anyway I was right to not sold my 100D before to recieve any Plaid confirmed delivery delay from Tesla, it was expected for November at my order in March but strictly no news since this time.
Unfortunately Tesla is going worst and worst with their customers service, impossible to be in confidence with the company, more over when we are talking about customers who order the most expensive vehicle of the Tesla range!
Even in the Tesla stores in Europe, nobody can inform you about a delivery without to say "It's expected / we suppose.... but sorry it's not possible to say that you can really trust in this information as we are quite as bad informed than you by the factory !!" 😖

Other explanation possible : The semi-conductors crisis which causes many problems to the car industry but the Plaid and others models of the range seems to be quite normally produced and delivered...

Reactions: LucaRiv
Outcome of my last discussion w/ Tesla rep. Seems end of 2022 is linked to the fact that Tesla wants to ship cars in Europe w/ 4680... So end of 2022 may move again... I think I'm gonna give up.
I think this guy is expecting something that will not arrive before end of 2023 as those 4680 batteries are not produced in enorm quantities and will have to equip the Model Y, the Semi and the Roadster before to be in the S and X...

Outcome of my last discussion w/ Tesla rep. Seems end of 2022 is linked to the fact that Tesla wants to ship cars in Europe w/ 4680... So end of 2022 may move again... I think I'm gonna give up.
If that’s the case, I’m thinking that since Tilburg is closed, maybe they want to ship empty S&X from Fremont to Berlin. And add 4680 batteries there, so they can avoid 10% import tax.

• Love
Reactions: DrKleiner
Same here : ordered on Feb 1st on French site, got a september delivery and a month later, no more delay displayed and still the case :(
Really annoying not to have at last an information, an estimation of delivery... i was really considering buying another EV model but i don't see any other model in par with the MS.... we're stuck ! 😭😭😭