Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't somebody state in another thread that EU production would be about 100-150 per week ? And quite a few of those P spots are probably empty from people doing Sig upgrades.

My guess is they make all the Sigs and ship them more or less together (makes sense to be done with the sig red color). Then we get an additional 100-150 cars per week, maybe shipped monthly. I'm hoping for my P1,088 being delivered in September.

I'm afraid it will be later. I am Sig 283 and was given a July-August delivery window. Early Sigs had June-July. Later Sigs are probably looking at August-September, so P's will probably only start in September-October. The problem is not so much in producing the cars (Sigs starting in March, P's in summer), as the factory can build 400 per week. The problem is in transporting them - which could take a month - and especially in completing them at the new location in The Netherlands (battery, charger, adaptations?). They are planning on 50 jobs and it's unlikely they'll be able to process more than a few hundred cars per month. Hopefully they can streamlean the process and speed up deliveries in autumn.

I'm afraid it will be later. I am Sig 283 and was given a July-August delivery window. Early Sigs had June-July. Later Sigs are probably looking at August-September, so P's will probably only start in September-October. The problem is not so much in producing the cars (Sigs starting in March, P's in summer), as the factory can build 400 per week. The problem is in transporting them - which could take a month - and especially in completing them at the new location in The Netherlands (battery, charger, adaptations?). They are planning on 50 jobs and it's unlikely they'll be able to process more than a few hundred cars per month. Hopefully they can streamlean the process and speed up deliveries in autumn.

Pfff….. as long as I get it in 2013………….:scared:

Why do people think they will mount the batteries In NL?
It Makes absolutely no sense to do that, considering the 4 minute and 40 seconds it takes to mount it In the factory line.

Tapatalkin' from iTalatut...

Why do people think they will mount the batteries In NL?
It Makes absolutely no sense to do that, considering the 4 minute and 40 seconds it takes to mount it In the factory line.

because of duties. This way they do not import a car, but part of a car that will be finalized within Europa. As result lower duties.

because of duties. This way they do not import a car, but part of a car that will be finalized within Europa. As result lower duties.

I have never heard of lower import duties based on how the car is imported. As I would love to learn more about this, please quote me the source of this information.

It sounds silly, really really silly to not mount the batteri In California. How will they do factory testing? How will they load trucks and trains with car? How will they load boats? Cannot expect a carrier to be responsible for several hundred dead cars a month - their logistics would be killed..

I highly doubt the battery part, either because of duties or whatnot.

Realistically they put on new front and rear headlights, charge port modifications, loading another software for EU, Connect headlight washer system and stuff that Are not streamlined on the factory floor. Things that could easily be skipped or do not have its own station on the line.

Well, considering that the battery represents a large part of the cost of the car it might make sense to import it separately.
If import duties for car are e.g. 7% and import duties for batteries are 0% we are talking about 7% of 30000EUR which is some significant amount of money. I don't have the real numbers, but it could be something like that.

Anybody knows some real numbers?

Of course with a transatlantic common trading zone as discussed for years that shouldn't matter anymore once finally in place. But nobody knows if that is ever going to happen.

I'm afraid it will be later. I am Sig 283 and was given a July-August delivery window. Early Sigs had June-July. Later Sigs are probably looking at August-September, so P's will probably only start in September-October.

I wouldn't put too much faith in these early deliery windows. A lot of people in the US got their car many months earlier than the original delivery windows. I'd guess Tesla is just being cautious at this point.

But if I do not get my car until late November, I might as well just wait until April or so. I want my car delivered on summer tires, when the roads are sometimes dry and not too cold. October would be ok.

But if I do not get my car until late November, I might as well just wait until April or so. I want my car delivered on summer tires, when the roads are sometimes dry and not too cold. October would be ok.

Agree 100% and I am guessing many others here up north feel the same way. I'd rather take delivery in April '14 than November '13.

I am EU P614 so I guess delivery could be anything from May to November. Hoping for July/August though...

During the Get Amped tour in Copenhagen this weekend Esben Pedersen, Director of Tesla in Scandinavia told the crowd that the delays in getting the approvals in place for the EU model would only affect the first deliveries. After that production for Europe will ramp up even faster so later reservation holders would not be affected by the delay.

During the Get Amped tour in Copenhagen this weekend Esben Pedersen, Director of Tesla in Scandinavia told the crowd that the delays in getting the approvals in place for the EU model would only affect the first deliveries. After that production for Europe will ramp up even faster so later reservation holders would not be affected by the delay.

What delays are we talking about here? Did he say anything time-wise?

Elon said Jun, July. Norway first: http://bloom.bg/125Tiwf

Thanks medved. If they start shipping in June-July it will probably take some time to get the car out to the customer - at least if they are going via the hub in The Netherlands...

I'm not sure what they intend to do there - but surely it is more than charge and wash, and it will probably take some time. When I finalized my order, the Tesla guy I talked to said that even if they stated probable delivery in June-July - it might well be sooner. That's three weeks ago. Now I guess we cannot expect to get it sooner - considering Elons statement in the video.

My guess is that they will build the first EU versions beginning next quarter. In March they'll try to ship as many high end models in the US to make sure that this quarter is profitable. Building EU models this quarter and delivering them the following quarter does not sound very attractive in terms of quarterly results.
Build in April, ship across the ocean in May and deliver in June. Perfect quarter :)

Sounds nice. If they allocate an entire month to EU production after the EU sigs are done, they'll make close to all current EU P reservations (minus cancellations) in a single month. They would probably fit nicely on a single ship too ;)

Still rooting for my EU P1,088 being delivered in September :cool:

Today I received a call from Tesla regarding the waitinglist for Model S Signature. After the Get Amped tour Europe, some Signature reservation holders decided to change to a Production model. They asked whether I was still interested in getting an upgrade - and without hesitation the answer was "Yes!".

Signed up for the waiting list in September - a few weeks after my reservation.

Now I will just have to transfer the Signature reservation fee, and hopefully it will be received by beginning of next week by Tesla.

So there is still hope for a delivery this summer:biggrin: