Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agrees!. As a Sig reservation holder I expect all the Sig's to be delivered before they start delivering R's and P's.

My status is still that the order has been subbmitted to to the Factory. The paperwork was completed in the beginning of march, and seeing that R's and P's are going into production before all the Sig's really disappoints me. Ok - R's maybe OK, as they have been the real Tesla beta drivers. It has been said that Norway is prioritized, but as Sig reservation holders we have paid extra to get the first deliveries. I will be really dissapointed if this is not the case..

Today the status of my Model S changed from "Your order has been sent to the Tesla factory" to "Your Model S is under production on the Tesla factory"

I just called Tesla UK and asked, what the difference between the two statuses ( "Your order has been sent to the Tesla factory" v.s. "Your Model S is under production on the Tesla factory" ) really means.

What they told me was a bit surprising: They say it means nothing at all and that both things mean exactly the same: The order is ready to enter production.

Then I asked why the state has changed multiple times for some customers. The answer was: "Because we are updating the website a lot, now that new options are available. And depending on the Version of the Website you're currently viewing, the status field may say the one or the other thing"

I'm honestly not buying that, because it makes no sense with respect to the status changes that are being reported here in the forum.

Last edited:
Totally agrees!. As a Sig reservation holder I expect all the Sig's to be delivered before they start delivering R's and P's. (...)

I would expect that as well. Since the first cars are shipped to Norway in containers (4 cars in each container from what I have heard) and not in a Ro-Ro ship or similar large-quantity shipments, it really shouldn't be that hard for Tesla to send 10 containers off to Rotterdam with one ship while they send a bunch of other containers off to the Norwegian city of Drammen with a different ship, should it?

Synchronizing deliveries across Europe however, making sure a high production car sequence in EU is delivered after a low signature sequence number i Norway is going to be hard. And I am not sure that matters. As long as you get your Sig before you see Prod. cars rolling around in your neighborhood you will be fine, not?

I know Tesla is planning to do the EU adjustments in Tilburg. But if they are completing all the Norwegian cars in this first batch in the US - why not also the rest of the EU sigs?

Have anyone of you EU Sigs asked Tesla directly about this?

I would expect that as well. Since the first cars are shipped to Norway in containers (4 cars in each container from what I have heard) and not in a Ro-Ro ship or similar large-quantity shipments, it really shouldn't be that hard for Tesla to send 10 containers off to Rotterdam with one ship while they send a bunch of other containers off to the Norwegian city of Drammen with a different ship, should it?

Well, you have to have everything up and running locally before you can ship to a country. That means everything from having the contracts ready according to local law, local logistics for filling in import paperwork, receiving the cars and transporting them to each customer's location, as well as trained staff to do the actual hand-over. Furthermore, your service organisation needs to be ready to fix anything wrong with the cars, provide support to the customers etc. It is easier to get that operation up-and-running on a location-by-location basis than trying to ramp it up everywhere at the same time. Especially if you are a startup company.

Finally, EU cars (except Norway) are going through final assembly in Tilburg for tax reasons. They also need to be ready to do that before they start receiving cars there. This is probably why they chose to do Norway first - it's easier. So the EUers probably have Brussels to thank for the extra wait. ;-)

Well, you have to have everything up and running locally before you can ship to a country. That means everything from having the contracts ready according to local law, local logistics for filling in import paperwork, receiving the cars and transporting them to each customer's location, as well as trained staff to do the actual hand-over. Furthermore, your service organisation needs to be ready to fix anything wrong with the cars, provide support to the customers etc. It is easier to get that operation up-and-running on a location-by-location basis than trying to ramp it up everywhere at the same time. Especially if you are a startup company.

Finally, EU cars (except Norway) are going through final assembly in Tilburg for tax reasons. They also need to be ready to do that before they start receiving cars there. This is probably why they chose to do Norway first - it's easier. So the EUers probably have Brussels to thank for the extra wait. ;-)
Nothing todo with belgium :)

Today the status of my car also changed to 'The Tesla factory is building your Model S Signature Performance'. I wonder if it has any real meaning. We are 1,5 to 2,5 month before the planned start of production in June. It would be great if Tesla is speeding things up, but I have my doubts.

EDIT: It is remarkable though that those who had already finalized had less than a week (until April 15th) to choose from the new options. Why the hurry? Is Tesla preparing a nice surprise for us?

Last edited:
Maybe we could shed some light on this, by some cowdsourcing.

I set up the following google docs spreadsheet: EU Delivery Status List

If some of you are willing to share some Information about your current status, we might get an idea whats happening.

Interesting data points so far.

Is there still anyone out there with the "Your order has been sent to the Tesla factory" Status?

If so, please enter your data here: EU Delivery Status List

Exciting!

And oh so expensive! (93K for the configuration I want, 89K if I "only" take the options I really have to have.)

It's a pity that the German government doesn't really stimulate EV's (like they do with solar panels), a stimulus would make the decision easier. But I guess that's because VAG, BMW and Daimler and therefore the German economy are still too dependent on cars with an ICE.