Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I totally agree with you ;-)
They used the same sequence for the Geographic Europe (except UK) instead of doing it for Economic Europe where Norway and Switzerland have a different import conditions than EU.

My Tesla contact told me that to avoid import taxes to Europe they had to send the cars not in one piece!

Well... for this time I wish I was American, then CH or NO ;-)

Just as an information, when I placed my order in 2009, I had to make the reservation in EUR not CHF and I also got an european sequence number, it was #28 at this time. a bit later they changed that number to #4 CH ... would be interesting if Yagi has had a similar change, since it seems he ordered almost the same week.

I'm glad to hear production dates are becoming concrete now: 'week of 8th of July' inspires more confidence than 'Spring', 'Summer' or 'June'.

Jammerdjc's financial argument (Tesla trying to get production and revenue in the same quarter) makes a lot of sense. But Tesla is pushing the 'problem' to the future; there will come a quarter (probably Q3) where there will be a lot of cars on trains/boats/final assembly in The Netherlands, with no revenue to show for it. That's unavoidable.

By the way, yesterday/today more VINs got assigned in The Netherlands:

Sig 175 = VIN 15929
Sig 187 = VIN 15973
Sig 283 = VIN 15998
Sig 284 = VIN 15886

Last edited:
Just as an information, when I placed my order in 2009, I had to make the reservation in EUR not CHF and I also got an european sequence number, it was #28 at this time. a bit later they changed that number to #4 CH ... would be interesting if Yagi has had a similar change, since it seems he ordered almost the same week.
Same thing happened to me. Transferred the reservation in EUR on May 15, 2009. Did get a different sequence number at first (don't remember what it was) and then that changed to #4 some time after. In EUDeliveryStatus I can see that several customers report identical numbers. For some of them (5/32) it may seem like there is one #5 for roadster owner and one #5 for non-roadster owner... (I do not have a Roadster - so perhaps necho has?). I also see that there is a third #4 in Germany. that may indicate that there is one list for each country...

Nevertheless, I think that this number means a lot more to us customers (desperately wasting time on TMC waiting for our car), than it does to Tesla. ;)

Same thing happened to me. Transferred the reservation in EUR on May 15, 2009. Did get a different sequence number at first (don't remember what it was) and then that changed to #4 some time after. In EUDeliveryStatus I can see that several customers report identical numbers. For some of them (5/32) it may seem like there is one #5 for roadster owner and one #5 for non-roadster owner... (I do not have a Roadster - so perhaps necho has?). I also see that there is a third #4 in Germany. that may indicate that there is one list for each country...

Nevertheless, I think that this number means a lot more to us customers (desperately wasting time on TMC waiting for our car), than it does to Tesla. ;)
Funny though that Swiss #217 Sig P+ (my car) got a lower VIN than Swiss #4 ...

Tesla has started randomizing a bit the VIN numbers. So the VIN no longer strictly represent your car's place in the production sequence. They do that to avoid having their production tracked too closely.

Very much so. Some Norwegian customers got allocated VINs in the 153XX range today - with delivery estimate Sep/Oct - whilst there was a report elsewhere on the forum that someone is taking delivery of a car with VIN 15454. Forget VINs as a tracker of production rates.

Very much so. Some Norwegian customers got allocated VINs in the 153XX range today - with delivery estimate Sep/Oct - whilst there was a report elsewhere on the forum that someone is taking delivery of a car with VIN 15454. Forget VINs as a tracker of production rates.

Someone taking delivery of a car with VIN 15454? I don't think anyone is taking delivery yet, not for at least 1,5 months.

Thats great news, did you contact them or did Tesla contact you?

Please consider inserting your details here: Welcome to Google Docs

Hope to hear more positive news soon; the waiting and uncertainty must be addressed by an update on European progress from Tesla asap, imo.

#410 Sig

- - - Updated - - -

... Please consider inserting your details here: Welcome to Google Docs

Sorry, dont use that link, this is the right: http://goo.gl/heQR7

Since Production should start very soon, shouldn't we get a picture of the charging inlet on our EU cars? I'm really curious about what they came up with.

With rumors of deliveries being just ~40 days away we should get some more information about charging? Like the charging page the US has: Tesla Charging | Tesla Motors

According to the Swiss Store in Zurich, there should be an email with information about charging being sent to customers 'soon'.

I don't know anything about connectors, but they said it will have a 'Type 2' connector for 380/400V / 16A (10 hrs for a full charge). With a converting connector and a 'box', we will also be able to connect it to 380/400V / 32A at home (5 hours for a full charge). The 'box' is needed so that the Tesla knows that there is 32A available.
They said, they will not offer the HPWC for European customers because the HPWC is much more expensive than that 'box'.
But, more precise information will be available in that email coming soon...

Last edited:
[...] So my advice: Ask your european contacts multiple times. If no answer, escalate.

I think we should keep two things in mind:

1. The people at the EU customer service in the U.K. are doing a great job and they are working very hard. The reason why they can't give us the information we want as quickly as we want it is because they don't have the resources and the authority to do so. So it makes no sense to pressure them.
  2. We all want Tesla to succeed as a company. One of the reasons why Tesla has been so successful thus far is because they focused on maximizing manufacturing output and delivery. If they had started to ship cars to European customers earlier, they probably wouldn't have made a profit in Q1. This would have made it impossible for the stock to rise as it did and consequently there would have been no additional financing round.
It might have been wiser if the Tesla management would have applied more resources to keep European customers informed and happy. Also a bit more transparency couldn't hurt; We are all grownups and Tesla should trust us, that we can handle it, if we know what the current status of our orders is.

But lets not forget, that all things considered, the Tesla management did a brilliant job to get the company where it is today, which also means, that we most probably will be able to buy another Tesla after our Model S wears out in 10 or 15 years.

Last edited:
Maybe this tweet will shed some light on European deliveries, Dutch Deliveries?!

teslabevestiging.jpg

Excuses me; This Gentleman is Dutch and he's tweeting the Arrival of his Model S in the Netherlands before the end of July (2013 to be exact)...

Maybe this tweet will shed some light on European deliveries, Dutch Deliveries?!

View attachment 24580

Excuses me; This Gentleman is Dutch and he's tweeting the Arrival of his Model S in the Netherlands before the end of July (2013 to be exact)...

He's saying: "Just comfirmed, delivery Tesla Model S Signature is planned for last week of July." But as long as we don't know who confirmed this, it doesn't mean much.