Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the Schuko and the red CEE16 adapter. The last one was scarce with the first deliveries in Germany, no problem any more since mid September I'd say.
It has been said that the blue CEE32 adapter is photoshop ware.

Nice to know that the red adapter is actually real.

On the Norwegian forum, other owners have been told by Tesla staff to expect the red adapter in December/January and the blue adapter in March 2014!!! Some owners who drive long distances daily and at Tesla's advice have installed a blue CEE 32 socket in their garage, are not really able to recharge fast enough with the UMC now to be able to use the car as intended. They now have to install type2 charging stations, at an extra cost of 500 to 1000 euros. Conspiracy theories are abound of why Tesla can't just send a few boxes of European red adapters to Norway from Tilburg.

It has started to snow in Norway now, and a lot of us Norwegian owners have not yet received our set of winter wheels, which we ordered together with the car. Tesla seems to be delivering the winter wheels they have to customers in P# order. It seems like signature and roadster owners have received their wheels. I have a P# 1600+ and I am not on the list of lucky winter wheel owners yet. When snow / ice covers the ground here or when November arrives, it'll be illegal to for me to drive my Model S on summer wheels and I'll have to park it until Tesla delivers the winter wheels (or spring arrives).

Nice to know that the red adapter is actually real.

On the Norwegian forum, other owners have been told by Tesla staff to expect the red adapter in December/January and the blue adapter in March 2014!!! Some owners who drive long distances daily and at Tesla's advice have installed a blue CEE 32 socket in their garage, are not really able to recharge fast enough with the UMC now to be able to use the car as intended. They now have to install type2 charging stations, at an extra cost of 500 to 1000 euros. Conspiracy theories are abound of why Tesla can't just send a few boxes of European red adapters to Norway from Tilburg.

I thought the adapters differed between Norway and EU? You have some kind of unique 1-phase system?

I thought the adapters differed between Norway and EU? You have some kind of unique 1-phase system?

Norway and Albania have a unique 3-phase system called isolated terra (IT). Which Tesla doesn't yet support at all. 25% of Norway uses standard 400V TN 3-phase with red sockets, same as elsewhere in Europe.

The UMC delivered to Norwegian cars is different from the UMC delivered to the rest of Europe. Exactly what the difference is is not known. I speculate it has a higher tolerance of ground/neutral faults, since on IT 3-phase we don't get ground/neutral from the utility. We literally have to make our own ground/neutral in each and every house.

But we're waiting for adapters for EU-standard red 400V 3-phase CEE 16A and blue 230V 1-phase CEE 32A. These adapters shouldn't really have anything to do with IT. The blue adapter should be the same as the one for France.

Without the red and blue adapters, the UMC doesn't charge at speeds higher than 3kW. Filling an empty battery at 3kW takes more than 24 hours. Which is kinda slow.

Last edited:
Red are really here, I have one charging at 12kw per hour (62km/h)!
Blues are not here due to production error (was not compliant with Tesla request) so they ordered new ones!

Did you saw that Tesla add the Power Folding Mirrors in the Tech Package for the US?
Really hope I will be able to retrofit it for my Signature!

How do you know that?
If that's true, that's a GOOD news!!

Hi

Look here in the german Tesla Forum

http://tff-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1594&start=130#p15486

- - - Updated - - -

When have you validated your S85 order ? I also had a delivery for End december, but now it's between 16 January and 2 march !!

Hello

I ordered at 11.7.2013
My VI is also 191xx
After a question to Tesla, when my Car starts with the Production, they told me, that my car will build in January and will be delivered in Februar.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks, and do you know if will be available european adapter for SAE J1772 (same as exist for US) ? I will glad to use my Ampera charging station.

Tesla will not make an adapter for J1772 for the European version of Model S, according to Tesla Copenhagen.

The European standard is Type2. J1772 is a foreign standard, which over time will disappear from the European marketplace. (I wonder when Nissan will update the Leaf with a Type2 connector instead of a J1772 connector?)

Sell your J1772 charging station, and replace it with a Type2 station. With a Type2-to-J1772 cable, Type2 stations can be used to charge older EVs like Nissan Leaf, Mitsubishi i-Miev and other J1772-infested cars. With a Type2-to-Type2 cable, it can charge your Model S and other new EVs.

Finally took delivery of EU P-37 today. This was four and a half years after making the reservation. The car is exhilarating! Everyone that I gave a ride to, stated all by himself "this is the future!". I concur.
EU P-3 was delivered the same day the same time in another German city. I just did not find the time to post since! ;-) Volker and Volker had a Model S-to-Model S phone call later that day. Sound quality was good, the new-car excitement was even better (and still is, at least for me).
azeqemaj.jpg