Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that's interesting. I think they just have secured the supply for your car and for March delivery they need the car ready around January so it's not that long away. But I'd recommend calling Tesla and asking what exactly does it mean in your case.

I have a feeling that they are building cars in batches for European/US markets respectively, and then it is a question if my car would be delivered at the agreed time if they don't make it in this batch. This batch should be for delivery in January/February. I am guessing that my car will be produced at the end of this EU batch and shipped over late.

Well I got through to Tesla today to the regular guy who has been keeping tabs on my order. The In Production change is for real, it means that my cars components have now all been sourced and reserved and it's waiting in the production sequencing queue to enter actual production. What this seems to mean is that some supplier issue was resolved and a lot of cars got their parts sourced and assigned and now it's just the batching and queueing on the factory floor that determines when the car is finished. He still gave me a January 2014 delivery estimate, but considering the car is waiting to enter assembly and that takes 3-5 days add to it shipping for 45 days (that's what he said) and a week at Tilburg we're looking at two months and in two months it's January :) So any EU order that changed to production now is likely to be delivered in January.

So if mine dont Tesla is not delivering as promised... Will be interesting to see... as said before missing the delivery month is not ok...

- - - Updated - - -

My site has no new info so not sure i trust that site at all. This experince sucks big time. Give me a date so I dont have to follow forums or refresh my website...

So if mine dont Tesla is not delivering as promised... Will be interesting to see... as said before missing the delivery month is not ok...

- - - Updated - - -

My site has no new info so not sure i trust that site at all. This experince sucks big time. Give me a date so I dont have to follow forums or refresh my website...

Call them :) Skype calling costs close to nothing and you'll get details where exactly your car is in the grand scheme of things. As I mentioned. Getting into production only means they've labeled all parts for my car with "Mario's car". I'm probably still months worth of other EU cars who also have their parts and were before me in the queue.

If you would like to have more tention: Here you can see live the container ship "APL Indonesia" with potential lots of EU-Model S on it. It will arrive tomorow in Rotterdam.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=9&oldmmsi=305386000&olddate=11/5/2013 2:09:00 AM

had confirmation by tesla guys that the production is batched between europe and USA...
in fact, for europe, the tesla don't arrive in one piece, but comes without the battery for VAT reasons...

Two items:

1. two days ago my In Production (originally went to that state on 1st of Nov) changed back to sourcing parts.

2. EU design page has been dramatically redesigned overnight. It now is identical to the US one with now having Tech package include the power folding mirrors and options split up. Also, the P85 now has priority 3-month delivery highlighted!

My order of the P85+ is maxed out. With the new options a maxed out P85+ is 15000 USD more expensive. Yes i do want powerfolded mirrors. Is the red brembo standard before the update or?

Ah, maxed out might indeed get more expensive as new options were added that weren't there before. Like extended leather (€2000) etc. So pressing the max my Model S button will probably get you a higher price ;) Would be curious too about the red calipers as I'd not mind having them ;) I sent on Friday an e-mail to my Tesla contact about the new pricing and how that affects everyone.

Also I discovered that the 3-month priority for P85 has dropped to 4-5 month priority in just a couple of hours. It's still 1 month faster, but they sure changed it fast ;)

Good catch, Mario. I hadn't noticed the updated page yet. Thank you!

It seems that my configuration is approximately 4000 to 6000 Euro more expensive with the new pricing. So I would love to keep my old pricing, but pay extra for the Power Folding Mirrors and the Fog Lights. I've sent an email to Tesla about this, also asking a more accurate delivery date. I'll let you all know what the reply is. (They still haven't replied to a previous email which I sent 5 days ago, btw.)

And I'm also curious about the red brake calipers :)

Good to see that the S60 can finally be ordered in Europe!

Good catch, Mario. I hadn't noticed the updated page yet. Thank you!

It seems that my configuration is approximately 4000 to 6000 Euro more expensive with the new pricing. So I would love to keep my old pricing, but pay extra for the Power Folding Mirrors and the Fog Lights. I've sent an email to Tesla about this, also asking a more accurate delivery date. I'll let you all know what the reply is. (They still haven't replied to a previous email which I sent 5 days ago, btw.)

And I'm also curious about the red brake calipers :)

Good to see that the S60 can finally be ordered in Europe!

Hmm, the S60 has always been possible to order in EU :) previously Tesla split the Standard and Performance to separate design pages, now they are the same and hence the P85 and S60 can be seen on thes ame page ;)

If you have an order confirmed the new pricing dont change anything. I would not go all in with the new pricing. Some things like the premium sound, internal light etc is just crazy increase. Nothing new just higher price...

Well with the new pricing my car is cheaper because it seems I didn't have the components that got significant price increases. No premium sound, lighting or pano :) So I can either get additional better Tech package and fog lights and red calipers or take a price reduction. I'll have to talk on Monday with Tesla. If the timing doesn't change, then I'm going for the new tech package for sure and might offset some costs by not taking performance seats (as far as I understood difference is in alcantara inlays and the red line, but no better grip or support) and instead take a metallic or MC red color. Will have to check now what precisely changes with it and what not...

So I got a call today from one Tesla rep who had seen my e-mail about something I wanted to change. He was a bit vague and we had trouble understanding each other a bit, but his e-mail finally confirmed, that a reconfig of my old car config yields a new and lower price and they could do that. However he said this may cause a few months delay so I told him that I only agree to it IF the new config means no considerable delay. We'll see what he comes back to, but he did mention he'll be on vacation starting from tomorrow so I'll try to get in touch with my usual contact.

Note that airsuspension, performance leatherseats and carboninterior are not standard anymore... In addition to more expensive options. I did talk to Tesla and they could not add any of the new options to my config. I would then need a total new car config and that would probably delay delivery. So more expensive and delay. No go!

for 7000 USD i would get powerfolding mirrors, red paint on the calipers and alacantra for the little area that the panorama dont use... ;-) oh and i can spend another 7000 USD to get more leather and foglights etc... Dont think so! ;-)