Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In December 11.2% of all new cars in Norway were battery electric, and Tesla Model S was the most sold car model of any type, beating Volvo V70, Volvo V40, Skoda Octavia and Volkswagen Golf.

Remove the extreme tax on ordinary cars and the benefits for EVs and the story would change very quickly. I would assume there is a risk that the Norweigan state change the benefits due to the increased cost... Not good to rely on tax bemefits to sell cars in the long run... If living in Norway buying anything but an EV is plain stupidity at the moment...

- - - Updated - - -

My order is still in sourcing part state. delivery late february according to Tesla. is this realistic for a delivery to Sweden?

as always no clue if I can trust the mytesla site.

extremely frustrating and lousy for planning... have a bad stomach feel regarding february delivery... thoughts?

Not sure what to do if they start talking about march, april etc. cancell? sell the slot?

what is your vin and your order validation date ?
Mine just passed to delivery from factory 2 hours ago :love:
My Tesla representative told me yesterday the delivery date will probably be between 17 and 27 February. Make sense since there is approx 4 week for transport to Tilburg and 2 week for final assembly :biggrin:

the ordering system even said january and the same thing from the rep when I ordered. I might not have ordered knowing of long delivery times. Also the P85s are supposed to be delivered with higher prio according to Tesla...

No i dont find this a very short time as I was promised those dates at order time. If no info at order I could not complain... I did order due to the delivery time! Had a BMW i3 on order for february delivery at the time. Tesla rep even hinted of faster delivery...

When I ordered in July, the system tells me end december...and it will be end february (normally)...
There is at least 6 week between end of production and delivery, thus if your car is still in sourcing part it's maybe doable for end february if it enters in production next week.

Yes waiting is long, there delivery prevision are too optimist, but the wait will be recompensed soon !!
If mine is delivered end february, the wait has been almost 8 month. Yours will be shorter, and don't forget some guys waited multiple years ;)

I would never ever wait for years. That is just plain silly. When a vendor give me a delivery date that is what I assume they will honor. Lets see how this turns out. Will not say anything negative as at the moment February is ok. Later is not. Will be happy with late February but switch into moaner / cancellation if march / april. 5 months for a P85+ sux but longer is a nogo. ;-)

I would never ever wait for years. That is just plain silly. When a vendor give me a delivery date that is what I assume they will honor. Lets see how this turns out. Will not say anything negative as at the moment February is ok. Later is not. Will be happy with late February but switch into moaner / cancellation if march / april. 5 months for a P85+ sux but longer is a nogo. ;-)
Some of us waited a couple of years. I waited 3.5 years for my Model S.

Tesla will deliver your Model S quickly as they can. They want your money asap, so you can count on it that they will do their best to deliver.

no not changed anything since confirmation. P85+ in MC red with all options.

Regarding delivery time. I think that paying long before a car is even produced to stand in line is one thing. No expectations or demands can be done in that case. But when I as an ordinary buyer order a car and get a delivery month both from the ordering system and from the Tesla reps i do have rightfully expectations on delivery that month. that is basics if you ask me especially if its a 100K+ car. Im no fanatic but rather a switcher from BMW that I have been extremely happy with both in terms of sales and service. Been stellar all years and I could focus on owning and driving rather than hunting reps for delivery times etc. ;-) If BMW produced a M4 full EV i would change my order in an instant. The i8 is a hybrid and to small for my needs.

Last edited:
A friend bought a BMW i3, they promised the delivery for december, they actually not delivered the car and he don't know when it will be delivered.
If your are very unhappy with the delay, cancel your order, the Tesla of another member will be delivered quickly :tongue:
Seriously, on my order I have 2 month delay (end february against end december at the order), but this delay seems to be due to the fact the deliveries in Europe started later than intended. You will probably have less than 2 month delay, I think you will not regret it if you wait ;)

yes I will seriosly considering cancelling if I get another delay message so dont worry! will also contact the local consumer orgs etc if they dont refund the booking fee. alternatively put out the car for sale and see how the interest is. that is my plan B. Plan B car would be some ICE and probably back to the brand i know at that stage. that is my plan B. still at plan A...