Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that some EU Countries are left behind on the delivery schedule by Tesla, based on the reservation number.
I have a Model S Plaid RN11447xxxx from Italy ordered on feb-2021 (lower than many RNs that have already received a VIN), still with a generic dec2022-feb2023 delivery date on my account page, and no VIN assigned.

- RN1144727xx, ordered February 2021
- Model S Plaid black 21’
- White Interior, FSD
- dec2022-feb2023
- VIN : not assigned (visible by page source code on my Tesla account: 5YJXCAE4XGF0068xx)
- Italy

Reactions: zoomer0056 and lsds
But what are the costs for? Doesn’t the onboard charger come free from Tesla ?
I think you are confusing the on-board charger with the "Wall Connector".

The onboard charger converts alternating power into continuous power to charge the batteries. On-board chargers are carried by all plug-in cars and may have different power.

Also, in your house, you have to have a charger, which can be the Tesla Wall Connector or any other charger. Prices can range from 300-500 Euros up to 1,200 Euros for powers of 15 KW (take these prices with caution because they will depend on the brands/models, the places and if they are subsidized by an electricity operator).

Note that on-board charger is not the same that Wall Chager.

Reactions: lsds

The onboard charger converts alternating power into continuous power to charge the batteries. On-board chargers are carried by all plug-in cars and may have different power.

Also, in your house, you have to have a charger, which can be the Tesla Wall Connector or any other charger. Prices can range from 300-500 Euros up to 1,200 Euros for powers of 15 KW (take these prices with caution because they will depend on the brands/models, the places and if they are subsidized by an electricity operator).

Thanks! Indeed aware of the difference and with the Wall connector 2 costing 500, assume the additional costs are for install.
The on board charger can also be used for daily charging albeit much slower I assume?

Can any of the new EU MX VINners please share the Europe MX COC(conformity certificate or homologation) they have received from Tesla?
Did see a MS coc few pages ago but not sure if anyone shared for MX. Very interested to see any spec difference or top speed increase from USA.

I don’t think you do ;)
Mobile connector- I think that is the confusion. Mobile connector goes to a wall socket(AC). Wall charger is a DC installed charger. On board is more an internal inverter/charging mechanism right?
What else am I missing? Would like to understand if my assumption is totally off ?
My MX hopefully when it comes, was assuming that I can delay a wall charger install using a mobile charger in the meantime.thanks for your help clarifying.

Mobile connector- I think that is the confusion. Mobile connector goes to a wall socket(AC). Wall charger is a DC installed charger. On board is more an internal inverter/charging mechanism right?
What else am I missing? Would like to understand if my assumption is totally off ?
My MX hopefully when it comes, was assuming that I can delay a wall charger install using a mobile charger in the meantime.thanks for your help clarifying.
Hope this helps:

Although some people have installed DC charging at home at a cost of about $50000

To answer you question - yes you can charge direct from your outlet at 2.3kW (8 miles/hour) I wouldn’t recommend it

Last edited:
It seems that some EU Countries are left behind on the delivery schedule by Tesla, based on the reservation number.
I have a Model S Plaid RN11447xxxx from Italy ordered on feb-2021 (lower than many RNs that have already received a VIN), still with a generic dec2022-feb2023 delivery date on my account page, and no VIN assigned.

- RN1144727xx, ordered February 2021
- Model S Plaid black 21’
- White Interior, FSD
- dec2022-feb2023
- VIN : not assigned (visible by page source code on my Tesla account: 5YJXCAE4XGF0068xx)
- Italy
The fact that your VIN is visible in the source code means that it has been assigned, and that your car has been built. Like the vast majority of reservations holders (if not every).
I’m pretty sure it will arrive in the next few days.
According to the country, the SC, and some other factors, the dates that appear in your app may vary. But one thing is 99% sure : it doesn’t change anything to the fact that you’ll get your car before the end of the year. Ready to bet 😉

Thanks! Indeed aware of the difference and with the Wall connector 2 costing 500, assume the additional costs are for install.
The on board charger can also be used for daily charging albeit much slower I assume?
No, In this case you are confusing the on-board charger with the Mobile connector. I think Tesla no longer includes the "Mobile Connector" for free.

On-board charger is "inside" vehicle, its like a "transformer". The vehicle has a Type 2 connector and you need a Type 2 charger. You have two options, like "Wall Connector" (static at your home) or Mobile charger like "Juice Bosster 2" (search in amazon) you can take it in the vehicle.

AC charged its limited by external charger (Wall Connector or Mobile Connector) & on-board charger, notice that you need to "change" AC to DC (Batteries are DC). Max 16,7 KWh
DC charged its for superfast charged power are direcct to batteries 250 KWh

No, In this case you are confusing the on-board charger with the Mobile connector. I think Tesla no longer includes the "Mobile Connector" for free.

On-board charger is "inside" vehicle, its like a "transformer". The vehicle has a Type 2 connector and you need a Type 2 charger. You have two options, like "Wall Connector" (static at your home) or Mobile charger like "Juice Bosster 2" (search in amazon) you can take it in the vehicle.
Thanks for the info!!
On the mobile charger, don’t old orders before April 2022 still get the Mobile Connector for free?? I thought we still get the mobile connector(I have a Mar 2021 order).
Curious what the first MS/MX deliveries here will receive.

Thanks for the info!!
On the mobile charger, don’t old orders before April 2022 still get the Mobile Connector for free?? I thought we still get the mobile connector(I have a Mar 2021 order).
Curious what the first MS/MX deliveries here will receive.
Tesla still includes the Mobile Connector in Europe, even for new orders. It's probably a legal requirement, otherwise they would've done the same thing as in the US.

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: tmsp-cj and lsds
All home charging and public L2 charging works off of the grid AC power.
The car battery only accepts DC power.
The onboard charger converts the grid AC power to DC power for the battery.
The mobile ‘charger’ and the wall ‘charger‘ are basically the same thing, just different packaging. They are not really chargers, the correct name is EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment). Their purpose is safety and convenience. They ensure AC is off while connecting/disconnecting (to avoid arching/sparks) and they provide a convenient handle and connector.

Public fast chargers convert grid AC to DC in an on-site rectifier and feed the DC to the car battery bypassing the onboard charger. That is why fastcharging is not limited by the on-board charger.

Reactions: Tommi and lsds
Following up with order information

RN114425xxx, ordered January 2021
- Model S LR white 19’
- Black Interior, No FSD
- No Edd
- VIN : not assigned (visible by page source code on my Tesla account:
5YJSA7E59PFxxxxxx)
- Verified as cargo on Höegh Transporter
- SA confirmed that car looks to be assigned to me
- Norway

I don't remember seeing it during the purchase process but, without a doubt, it would be good news.
I don’t see it either, however a friend of mine took delivery of a new Model 3 a few weeks ago, and it had the Mobile Connector.
In the US you can select the mobile connector in the configurator, whereas it’s not an option in Europe. For the better, I believe!

Reactions: lsds and tmsp-cj
- RN1151xxxxx, ordered June 2021
- Model S Plaid red 21’
- White Interior, FSD, 19” Tempest winter wheels with Nokian R5 EV
- November 30 - December 07
- VIN : hidden VIN 5YJSA7E6xPF494xxx
- Höegh Transporter leaving from Baltimore 21.11.2022 to Zeebrugge 02.12.2022
- Finland

- RN1177xxxxx, ordered August 2022
- Model S Plaid red 21’
- Black Interior, FSD, 19” Tempest winter wheels with Pirelli P Zero Winter
- December 05 - December 15 , in addition a call from Tesla and delivery agreed between Christmas and New Year
- VIN : hidden VIN 5YJSA7E6xPF497xxx
- no confirmation of sea transport

- Switzerland

• Informative
Reactions: MikkoJ and lsds