Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prices available now. 1 285 990 SEK is the starting price for LR, indeed without options like autopilot so your configuration would be about 100k more.

I was a bit off the mark as LR turned out more expensive than expected with a lower 285k LR-Plaid difference. This seems to reflect the Dollar/Euro difference as well.
Its quite disappointing to see prices gone soo much higher. I hope when i order in March/April that prices might go a bit down, perhaps price cuts like in China

Its quite disappointing to see prices gone soo much higher. I hope when i order in March/April that prices might go a bit down, perhaps price cuts like in China

The general analysis of this in the industry indicates the opposite - that it is in fact more probable that the SEK price will increase.

Quick math on MS Plaid:
Currently msrp from Tesla is $127 500 base price.
First currencty conversion (currently we can say 11SEK for 1USD to make it easy):
127500*11 = 1 402 500
Second Swedish VAT 25%:
Third Toll at around 10% added to all imports:
1 928 437,5

So closer to 2 000 000 SEK is not unreasonable in the foreseeable future.

Of course, it's anyone's guess what will happen to SEK, Dollars etc in the future. If history is any indication though Tesla hasn't been giving any thought to the Swedish market. It is likely too small to impact any business decisions.

The general analysis of this in the industry indicates the opposite - that it is in fact more probable that the SEK price will increase.

Quick math on MS Plaid:
Currently msrp from Tesla is $127 500 base price.
First currencty conversion (currently we can say 11SEK for 1USD to make it easy):
127500*11 = 1 402 500
Second Swedish VAT 25%:
Third Toll at around 10% added to all imports:
1 928 437,5

So closer to 2 000 000 SEK is not unreasonable in the foreseeable future.

Of course, it's anyone's guess what will happen to SEK, Dollars etc in the future. If history is any indication though Tesla hasn't been giving any thought to the Swedish market. It is likely too small to impact any business decisions.
I did not understand your math?

The 1,3m SEK the Model S LR costs is including all taxes and VAT.

You are predicting that Tesla wil cost over 2m swedish kroner which doesnt make sense at all

I did not understand your math?

The 1,3m SEK the Model S LR costs is including all taxes and VAT.

You are predicting that Tesla wil cost over 2m swedish kroner which doesnt make sense at all

No. I am not "predicting" anything. I'm trying to be helpful sharing information to a stranger on the internet.

The Tesla car prices are usually based on the US Dollar price. The calculation (which is not mine) is an attempt at illustrating why the general consensus is that the Model S is priced lower than expected in Sweden.

Based on this simple calculation anyone with basic math skills can see that the argument that the Model S is at a lower than expected price level in SEK is not controversial at all.

What do you not understand in this math? Happy to clarify but am not sure how to make it simpler.

No. I am not "predicting" anything. I'm trying to be helpful sharing information to a stranger on the internet.

The Tesla car prices are usually based on the US Dollar price. The calculation (which is not mine) is an attempt at illustrating why the general consensus is that the Model S is priced lower than expected in Sweden.

Based on this simple calculation anyone with basic math skills can see that the argument that the Model S is at a lower than expected price level in SEK is not controversial at all.

What do you not understand in this math? Happy to clarify but am not sure how to make it simpler.
Thank you for helping a stranger my friend. I am just trying to understand why you converted american prices 1:1 with swedish prices? Swedish price for Tesla model s Plaid is 1.55m SEK, so you making it sound as close to 2m SEK dont make sense to me? The car you are referring to in the US has taxes and other stuf as well. Generally when Tesla directly sells it in Sweden, prices are different. the price you are referring to is if would import a car from US.

the prices 1.55. SEK for plaid on tesla swedish website includes all taxes.

Thank you for all the information.
I was today in a showroom in zurich Switzerland, they have now a Model X Plaid there.

I ordered a Model X LR in august 21. No Vin and no EDD. The new price is even about 6k less then my order from 21. How can I get the new Price? Do I have to cancel my old order and place a new one?

Thank you for helping a stranger my friend. I am just trying to understand why you converted american prices 1:1 with swedish prices? Swedish price for Tesla model s Plaid is 1.55m SEK, so you making it sound as close to 2m SEK dont make sense to me? The car you are referring to in the US has taxes and other stuf as well. Generally when Tesla directly sells it in Sweden, prices are different. the price you are referring to is if would import a car from US.

the prices 1.55. SEK for plaid on tesla swedish website includes all taxes.

It has been commonly theorized that the Swedish price in SEK of Teslas (and other countries' prices as well) has been something like this formula:

Price in USD + cost of currency conversion + cost of Swedish VAT 25% + cost of Swedish import tax/toll 10%.

Currently, this is not the case with the Model S pricing. This is why it seems many Swedes theorize there is a higher probability of price increases than the opposite.

Last edited:
I think those SA which are coming with estimations are guesing and has hopes and dreams. I got a call yesterday from a SA here in Denmark which purpose was to get a verbal confirmation that we intend to get the car we ordered 2 years ago, which I of cause confirmed, I asked for estimated delivery time, and he said they don't have any information about that yet, but hopefully soon

I think those SA which are coming with estimations are guesing and has hopes and dreams. I got a call yesterday from a SA here in Denmark which purpose was to get a verbal confirmation that we intend to get the car we ordered 2 years ago, which I of cause confirmed, I asked for estimated delivery time, and he said they don't have any information about that yet, but hopefully soon
When I indicated I wanted to wait for next wave they told me that this will mean waiting until March....

Reactions: DenmarkP85
May be one ship is leaving soon to the EU ...

325127185_694319102150554_3100495044220078942_n.jpg