Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Europe demand has been impacted by reduced or eliminated tax benefits in Norway and Denmark.
The tax benefits in Norway is still intact.

But other incentives like using the bus-lanes has been "temporary" stopped around Oslo (where almost the only buss-lanes that is of any real value is) - and it is temporary until about the end of 2017 where they can remove them permanently. Some places they have started to take a fee for BEV's on ferries, in some places there will be a fee for parking from 1/1 2017 and from the end of 2017 (just one and a half year to) even BEV's may have to pay for toll-roads (probably less then fossil-fuel cars). But to buy BEV's "tax free" is still intact - until the end of 2017. Exactly what will happen then is still unknown, but it is likely that it will be the 25% sales tax from 1/1 2018, but some still unknown way to get it back - up to some still unknown "roof".

So there is a lot of insecurity about the BEV benefits that has slowed down the BEV sales in Norway, and especially Tesla based on the changed exchange-rate USD/NOK.

... and I hope my Model 3 will get under this roof as I see no hope to get it before 2018 :p

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Matias and dc_h
You realize someone has to pay for all that stuff in the end? Gas is already taxed incredible high taxed in most of Europe. Denmark and Norway tax the ***** out of premium cars. Here in Germany people are already pissed off with all the renewable energy which resulted in a hike in their electricity bill.

I was actually being a bit sarcastic. And now, I will point you to this (NSFW word near the end)

I think it is time to start complaining loudly about and to agencies who are not offering even more tax fund incentives to give to EV buyers in large quantities. From CA CARB to Norwegian legislators to Denmark tax administrators. There is a lot of blame to go around in governments not offering far more money to EV enthusiasts. I think there should be a march on all world governments by EV clubs shouting for more funds to be given out to them.
I wasn't putting a hand out, or asking for incentives. Just noting a fact.

Deliveries to Norway are picking up. We are not even halfway through August and we have 44 Model S and 36 Model X registered. Should push us to well over 100 deliveries for each model by the end of the month. For the X, mostly signatures, but also some founders, a few production cars and a few US import cars.

Just checked, and now it´s already 46 S and 47 X - twice as much as all of last month!
Registreringer av nye elbiler i Norge
Registreringer av nye elbiler i Norge

Last month was abysmal for Norway so that's not telling much. If the pace holds we will come up to about 150 of each model which would be good number. Next month hopefully marks the return of 500+ deliveries/month with a surge in production X deliveries. 1000+/month on the other hand, even with both models combined, would be quite the miracle. Maybe for christmas!

Does anyone know why prices in France are much cheaper than like in Germany. Especially in the new P100D it's like 10000€ with a similar amount of tax.

Even more, 152.000 Euro versus 139.200 Euro. More than 13K Euro more over here.
And that is with 19% VAT in Germany versus 20% in France, meaning a net price of 116K Euro in France versus almost 128K in Germany.

Perhaps it's the same phenomenon like with the US and Canada, where Canadians have to pay much more for the same goods than in the US. It's the same with many other goods. Even stuff as simple as toys. Take Lego for example. Even when manufactured over here, sets are cheaper in the US than in Germany. And Teslas are not even manufactured here (don't start about final assembly in Tilburg).

Annoying to say the least. But still better than in Italy, where the price is more than 155K Euro, so about 16K Euro more than in France.

Doesn't Model S qualify for incentives in France but not in Germany?

I know that would not account for all the difference but a portion of it.

No, it's definitely the price before incentives.

upload_2016-8-29_22-46-51.png

I really wonder why it is so dramatically cheaper in France. What could be the reason? There doesn't seem to be any logical explanation. I would have understood the reasoning of "oh Germans are used to paying through the nose, let's make it more expensive there". But the fact that it is even more expensive in countries like Italy, Belgium or even the Netherlands, where the cars are first hitting European soil, contradicts this and is totally strange.