TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EU Market Situation and Outlook

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by SteveG3, Mar 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

Yeah this is pretty much confirmed. Polish and Czech Reddit users found the new companies in local business databases. I think the Czech subsidiary was registered mid December and the Polish on January 4. they also have open positions for these 2 countries on Tesla`s career site. (May be a bit hard to find as the location is called "remote", but you can use Ctrl+F on the career page with the country name.

Rumor has it the Polish store will open in February as per the Reddit thread.

• Informative x 1
  2. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

EV Sales: France December 2018

Looks like Tesla is starting to gain some traction in France. Model X ended up in the 21st slot with 505 registrations for 2018.

• Informative x 1
  3. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

Tesla has a bright future in Germany.

Finally the tax on private use of company cars has been cut in half for EVs. Suddenly employees are approaching me and are asking for an EV as a company car. Even people who hadn't wanted a company car in the past.

We are now at a point where we will offer only EVs, no more ICEs will be purchased in our company. This is just the beginning.

Example: An employee making 3.500 Euro (gross) would have to pay tax on 1.050 Euros (1 % of 105.000 Euro purchase price) per month to drive my Model S (situation up to 2018). No way would this work.

Today she can get a M3 long range and pay tax on 300 Euro (0.5 % of 60.000 Euro purchase price). If the tax rate is 30 % the car is costing her 100 Euro per month and puts a smile on her face. Company pays for electricity, insurance, rubber; no yearly vehicle tax on EVs.

I can see sales of Teslas taking off here in Germany in the near future.

• Informative x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  4. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

I believe you, but how does that math work? Who is paying for the car?

5. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

The employer is paying for the car. As part of his salary, the employee receives a company car. This is intended to increase the employee's loyalty to the company.

The employee is taxed for the privilege to use the car not only for company business, but for private trips - thus replacing the family car.

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Zhelko Dimic

Zhelko Dimic Careful bull

Yeah, company car is quite usual in Europe as part of the pay package, and in North America it's privilege of mostly executives, and of mid/large companies at that. Some sales people and on-the-road people may get one too.
    I'm commenting on this as it's hard for NA people to understand strength of this phenomenon and difference in purchasing habits it creates. I've seen comments in the past that large chunk of new car sales are company cars, in some European countries

• Like x 1
  7. Electroman

Electroman Active Member

@Reciprocity - can you post this info in Twitter?

8. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

Is the Model 3 in the same price range as current company cars?