Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hobbes, yes, impressive number - I was surprised to see 42 cars sold there over 7 months this year.
And to complicate things further :)
Here's data on Iceland from ev-sales
EV Sales: Iceland July 2015

According to them , 4 Model S sold in July and 11 so far this year.
Should we add a row for Iceland?

They did provide link to the official site, but I was unable to navigate it, even with Google translate to dig up the data
Samgöngustofa

Sure, add a row. Wasn´t successful in navigating the site either... I´d put the EV-Sales article as a source.
Is there anyone with the required language skills around?

By the way, where is tomsky´s post with the source for the Romania numbers - some admin on vacation ;)?
Tomsky, maybe you can try posting it again or if it doesn´t work send me a private message?

I've sent you a pm with the links and will try to edit the wiki also.

Thanks, message received. Here is an older HOWTO post I made:

Thanks! Added.

If you find more numbers, you can also add them to the table yourself:

1. Go to Europe Q1 2015 Model S sales - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum
2. Click edit
3. Add the number (only if you have a good source to link!)
4. In the column Source, put the month name and link it to your source for the data
5. Put your name and date in the "Last Update" column
5. Update the totals
6. Add a small note into the field "Reason for editing" below the table (like "added number for Cuba April 2015")
7. Hit "Save Changes"

In your case, you first have to add a row though, you´ll figure it out, works like a simple spread sheet application.

Last edited:
Thanks for the number! Not sure what you mean with the other one doesn´t have the info. The other site we usually use? I think it is o.k. to post it now giving the current source and to cross check later.
I didn't notice until now there is a source for each month's numbers. Now I see how to update it.

- - - Updated - - -

@ uselesslogin

I have added France numbers to the Wiki. Thanks for the info.
thanks!

Because of some people seeming unsure of demand for the Model S (especially after the referral program came out) I made a plot of the last two years to reassure myself, maybe it is interesting for others, too. I find it more intuitive to look at a graphical visualization rather than just numbers. Because our wiki table doesn´t go far enough back, I took all the numbers (except for July 2015 which is from our wiki) from EV Sales: Europe . Also added a 3 month simple moving average to get rid of the jitter from end-of-quarter-pushes.

Does not look like demand is slowing at least for Europe:

Screen shot 2015-08-13 at 10.32.15 PM.png

Nice graph. Another important trend is obviously the decrease of relative share of Norway sales.
In Q1 Norway was 43.7% of all sales in Europe. In Q2 28.6%. July is 19%.
So the growth outside of Norway is very impressive. Norway, and possibly Netherlands are saturated markets. But other markets in Europe are far from that and should provide a lot of growth moving forward.

Another way to look at it - in January (1st month of Q1) only one country (Netherlands) had more than 100 cars delivered. In July (1st month of Q3) - 6 countries had more than 100 cars