Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Summon - Option Yes/No "REQUIRE CONTINUOUS PRESS" unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could not understand more than an hour and was jumping around my car with the FOB and Iphone like an idiot ;)
my results:
- FOB does not work for activation summoning
- option "REQUIRE CONTINUOUS PRESS" YES/NO is hide for EU
(help from my car show the option, so it is the fault of the author the help?)
- so, autopark is not automatic
It's a joke from Tesla? Tesla us in Europe makes idiots?
Such a summon is useless :(
I apologize for the emotion, but I'm very disappointed...
Better to no release a similar version.
or any ideas?

summon_eu.jpg

I could not understand more than an hour and was jumping around my car with the FOB and Iphone like an idiot ;)
my results:
- FOB does not work for activation summoning
- option "REQUIRE CONTINUOUS PRESS" YES/NO is hide for EU
(help from my car show the option, so it is the fault of the author the help?)
- so, autopark is not automatic
It's a joke from Tesla? Tesla us in Europe makes idiots?
Such a summon is useless :(
I apologize for the emotion, but I'm very disappointed...
Better to no release a similar version.
or any ideas?

View attachment 113659

the release notes have obviously been cobbled together, as usual, with US screenshots.

I'm sure we'll get the additional options soon enough.

Patience :)

The option not included is probably due to local government regulation, like Canada. What we missed is the auto-park into the garage, and the cell phone is always needed. Not happy:mad:

Yes, of course, safety is the highest priority.
I understand everything and I will be patient ... :tongue:
...but why is the prohibition to activate over the FOB? I do not understand ... :mad:
This, again, someone much not thought ... :cursing:

Canadian law requires cars to have an immobilizer.
For ICE it disables the fuel pump so even if the ignition is hard wired, an identifier needs to be present from the key. I'm sure tesla is doing something similar with the HV contactor to the motor.

Basically the car could not move with out the Fob, which seams odd in this case that the Phone is used.

But my belief is in Canada, Summon must be initiated by a cell phone to keep kids from playing with the fob and causing the car to move.

Canadian law requires cars to have an immobilizer.
For ICE it disables the fuel pump so even if the ignition is hard wired, an identifier needs to be present from the key. I'm sure tesla is doing something similar with the HV contactor to the motor.

Basically the car could not move with out the Fob, which seams odd in this case that the Phone is used.

But my belief is in Canada, Summon must be initiated by a cell phone to keep kids from playing with the fob and causing the car to move.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I understand that, but I just want only the option on/off show... :wink: ...and then that's fine, as in the USA :cool:
I also understand that this is only Beta :tongue: and please Tesla least another Beta without errors in the help :crying: