Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost ready for holiday. Only one problem. No car that will make it to The South of France. So far another fake promiss from Elon "The South of France will be accesible though the use of super chargers before the end of July"...

Tesla's great big weakness, unfortunately and the reason we only booked vacation within a full charge... I guess next year we'll be OK.

What are you going to do, borrow an ICE?

Almost ready for holiday. Only one problem. No car that will make it to The South of France. So far another fake promiss from Elon "The South of France will be accesible though the use of super chargers before the end of July"...

You can access the south of France if you drive through germany, I'd say yet again elon delivers! It's not perfect but no need to be so grumpy ;) Spend a night in Switzerland on your way down there and drive the rest the next day. Probably by the time you want to drive back the missing superchargers in Belgium and northern France will be added. Sounds like a great adventure to me :)

Ah LuckyLuke beat me to it :) In germany just use superchargers and charge at a hotel.

The route is there although its a challenging one :) They probably had a different planning for France but walked into difficulties with French authorities and had to resort to a suboptimal temporary solution. Cut them some slack, look at what has happened this month in europe alone 20 superchargers were added all over the place.

The route is there although its a challenging one :) They probably had a different planning for France but walked into difficulties with French authorities and had to resort to a suboptimal temporary solution. Cut them some slack, look at what has happened this month in europe alone 20 superchargers were added all over the place.
+1

I don't think this is what Tesla wants, but this is reality. French authorities could be the problem here. Give it time:)

Last edited:
Great but that does not solve my problem. Tesla should start communicating to their customers. I've requested months ago for info on the france supercharging planning but the only thing you ever get back is that we should keep an eye on the sc website.

Great but that does not solve my problem. Tesla should start communicating to their customers. I've requested months ago for info on the france supercharging planning but the only thing you ever get back is that we should keep an eye on the sc website.

How about Norway instead of France? Lots of Supercharger stations in Norway, and very nice people too.

If you insist on going to France, I would suggest that you go there by air. That's better when travelling with little children.

Today's Supercharger opening in France : Chambery.

And yes : it has only two plugs. Anyone who consider this suboptimal might consider avoiding using it. The others have access to the most famous ski resorts in France (les trois vallées : Courchevel, Méribel, Les Menuires, Val Thorens ; La Plagne ; Tignes ;Val d'Isère etc.).