Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it comes and goes. There might be an uptick towards the end of the quarter, or a set of price decreases.

You can now watch the "Real Time Listing Feed" a few times a day to see any new listings for the current or previous days.

I've now set up feeds for US, Canada, and Europe, as well as each individual country in Europe:
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • France
  • Germany
  • Great Britain
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland

It's just an inconsistency in their data stream. They didn't later change it to anything.. it's still listed incorrectly on the listing page as an S85, but on the detail page as a P85+. So they're pulling that data from two different sources, and obviously one of them is wrong.

Back in the early days of the S CPO program, there were a number of cars that turned out to be different than the spec sheet provided (+ suspension, color, other options). The running theory was that the spec sheets were built from the original order, but weren't updated when a user changed their order within the grace period. Maybe Tesla updated the detail page to use the finalized order information from their records, but never updated the summary page to do the same?

Whatever it is, it's a strange thing to happen. Maybe when the CPO program was first starting out they had two disparate databases and didn't have the resources to consolidate them. But now? Both the summary pages and the detail pages should be pulling data from ONE master source. The fact that it isn't and the data disagrees (in many other ways besides this), is a really shoddy design. Like I said, I could forgive it early on ("it works, push it to production!"), but with the traffic they're getting now? WTF?

Reactions: Cyclone

Just added a few new features.

First, the page now loads each section "on demand", so you don't have to wait for the entire page to load. It loads much quicker now. If you are logged in, the page automatically loads the first section "Tesla Model S U.S. CPO/Preowned". Later today or tomorrow I'll be adding code to remember your last opened section, and automatically open up that section when you return.

Second, and what most of you will appreciate, everyone who registers now gets to activate a free one-week trial of the 'Premium' features. You can choose to activate this at whatever time you wish, and once you do, your account will have all 'Premium' features for one week. After that week is up, you can then choose to subscribe for more if you like. In order to activate your free trial, just open up the "Subscription Info" section and click the link to activate.

Any existing 'Premium' members can use this same link and it will extend your membership by one week.

Just a note -- once you click 'Activate' you will still need to refresh the page once more to see the Premium options and additional columns in all the tables. You'll see a link to do that once your account free trial is activated.

As always, enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
what would be super helpful would be to scrape the estimated lease payment. That gets us a ROM discount amount (and helps find those sweet lease deals where there's a large discount from MSRP).

It's New Feature Friday again for all you lease hunters out there.

I've now added the estimated lease payments from the Tesla site for each U.S. Inventory Model S and Model X listed.

Look for the "Lease Pmt" column on the S and X Inventory sections. No membership is required, but only logged in accounts can see the Lease Payment field, so you will need to register a free account to see them.

You can also 'hover' the mouse over the estimated lease payment to popup all the other lease terms.

What's interesting is that on the Model S inventory pages, Tesla is including the $7,500 Fed Tax credit in the price amounts between "before" and "after" discounted price. But for the Model X inventory cars, they are either pre-deducting the Fed Tax credit from the listed price, or they are not deducting it at all (I suspect the former). So for Model X, there only seems to be a $1000 difference between the before and after discount prices (that's from the referral discount). For Model S, it includes both. It's strange that they would treat these differently.

Also, the site now remembers your 'last opened' section and automatically opens that section when you return, so you don't have to wait for any particular section to load if you don't want to see it.

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
It's Friday, you know what that means. ;)

I've added another feature on https://EV-CPO.com to allow you to create custom charts of average sales price, units sold (or on sale), and Days on Market.

There are 13 different ways to customize the graphs to analyze whatever interests you. Here's just one example:

2016-09-2343494158d148b804ea682bad6eaa2f.jpg

Please give it a shot and let me know what you think!

As before, no subscription required. Access the Charting page directly here: EV CPO Consolidator ev-cpo.com

This is just the first step -- if you can think of any other metrics I can include, or other ways to customize the graphs, please let me know.

Thanks and enjoy!

Thank you so much for this website, so helpful. Why doesn't Tesla itself have such a page? I called them and asked where I could find a list of the cars near me in inventory, they said it was not on the web and I'd have to speak with a salesman. I spoke with a salesman and he said he'd email me a list of "the 3 or 4 inventory cars closest" to what I'm looking for, but I never received anything. Was about to give up when I found your site.

One question: Is "Florida" as specific as it gets? No one to refine to one city?

Thanks again!

A couple of comments. First, there could be many inventory cars that Tesla does not list on their public website, and the local sales advisors should have access to all the cars in their system. And EV-CPO can only access cars they list on their site. So if your SA is giving you the run around and not showing you all the cars, find another SA or go to another store/gallery. Some people have found very helpful SAs around -- find someone who is willing to work with you, not against you!

Second, why Tesla doesn't have a page like this? I don't know, I can only guess. First, I think their staffing is pretty minimal when it comes to their website. Second, it's a conflict of interest and corporate culture -- the corporate culture is to hold everything close to their chest, and only give out just enough information as necessary... but to sell cars, they should be transparent! Luckily, recently Tesla has been listing a lot more inventory online, so that's a good thing for everyone. But still, it's probably not every CPO or Inventory car they have.

Florida? I have no idea which service center (or centers) has these cars -- your local SA should be able to tell you that.

Good luck!

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Thanks for the reply.

"there could be many inventory cars that Tesla does not list on their public website"
I did not know that any inventory cars were listed on their public website, and the SA did not tell me they are listed on the website, but after seeing your comment I rechecked, and sure enough they do have a list, need to first click on the model type. But they don't list used vehicles as you do, or do they?

"if your SA is giving you the run around and not showing you all the cars, find another SA or go to another store/gallery."
I actually tried that and they said I was stuck with the first guy I spoke with, even though he is in another city quite far from me. Maybe if I made a stink about it they'd let me switch, or maybe easier to create a new account with a new name and email.