Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect a few things have changed on the website and ev-cpo is now out of sync wrt the discount. For example Model S 160557 is listed with a $7500 discount and price of $80,700 on ev-cpo but if you click through, the price is actuallu $88 200 and the $80,700 price is after EV incentives. Meanwhile 161151 is listed as $0 discount and a price of $76700 but if you click through the price is $85,200 before and $77,700 after incentives.

I guess this has to do with the Elon memo regarding no discounts any more. Web guys probably scrambled to remove the whole 'discount' thing from the website and it left your scraper in a bit of confusion.

Yeah, I was expecting something like this to happen. I found it strange to begin with that they exposed the "discount" variable at all in the data stream. I'll take a look a little later today and fix the issue and recheck all the prices and discounts (if any).

Also make sure you have clicked on someone's referral code (even your own) because that also changes the pricing on the Tesla website by $1,000.

Reactions: schonelucht
I suspect a few things have changed on the website and ev-cpo is now out of sync wrt the discount. For example Model S 160557 is listed with a $7500 discount and price of $80,700 on ev-cpo but if you click through, the price is actuallu $88 200 and the $80,700 price is after EV incentives. Meanwhile 161151 is listed as $0 discount and a price of $76700 but if you click through the price is $85,200 before and $77,700 after incentives.

I guess this has to do with the Elon memo regarding no discounts any more. Web guys probably scrambled to remove the whole 'discount' thing from the website and it left your scraper in a bit of confusion.

Ok, I did some digging and the overstated discounts were only on the cars that Tesla displays as "We found a close match" cars in the Design Studio -- I took those discounts from that data about a week ago but wasn't updating it regularly. Now I am -- and Tesla has pretty much removed all the discounts from those cars -- they went from $5k to $8k down to a few hundred dollars, if they're not just zero. Also, all the lease payments have now gone up significantly, so I'm reloading all the lease payment data so it matches.

There are still a few Inventory cars with a significant discount and I hand checked all of these and they seem legit.

So everything should be much more accurate now. thanks.

Cool new graph feature. Reminds me to ask. Could you display in the data line, if possible, how many times you "saw" a car come up? I estimate you track the date a car is put on the web, then removed, then added again, then off, etc. could you somehow show the times it appeared? "Appearance count" perhaps for both on-sale and then in the history line? You show all the price history values and it would also be interesting to see the times put up and even the dates of price change. Just thinking of ways to extend the data for more interesting ways to look at it.

I do keep track of price changes and current mileage, but I don't keep a log of separate listing and removal dates for each car. I'll look into it though. For the graphs, each car is only represented once, and that date is either when it was removed/sold or listed for sale (depending on which option you choose to graph).

The site is genius. It's been very helpful for looking at CPOs.

I wish that it would provide a few of the other options, such as rear facing seats as filter criteria.

Thanks. Under the Subscription tab, you can activate the week long free trial of the premium features that include all advanced searching options, as well as the ability to search for any specific option code or codes. You can also set up email alerts for any set of specific configurations you are looking for.

Your site is so awesome! I do wonder - the car I'm almost ready to buy (PM me if you want the VIN to check your data) comes up as Tan w/ no tech on your website, but when i click through it's black and with tech. I'm not trying to delve into your tools or whatnot but do you decode the VIN or scrape the Tesla website?

Your site is so awesome! I do wonder - the car I'm almost ready to buy (PM me if you want the VIN to check your data) comes up as Tan w/ no tech on your website, but when i click through it's black and with tech. I'm not trying to delve into your tools or whatnot but do you decode the VIN or scrape the Tesla website?

Not decoding the vin.. Tesla includes those option tags on their site (but hidden from view). There have been many times where the data downloaded doesn't agree with the car's detail page. If you PM me the VIN I will look into it and identify the problem and fix it if it needs to be fixed. Thanks!

I found the car you are talking about, and it is in fact mis-coded between Tesla summary page (with the car tiles) and the specific car detail page. I'm going to assume the detail page is correct and the interior is black, but you should check with your sales associate to confirm by having someone actually look at the car.

The car is listed without Tech package, but it has Autopilot, which includes the TP, I can change how that is displayed on the CPO section to avoid confusion.

Thanks for your feedback.