Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hm, don't really have time to scroll through 44 pages, but did the idea to let previous owners of now CPO cars to add comments about their cars come up yet?
You know, to list whatever problems the car might be having, what to look for, add an odd picture and whatever else useful?
Obviously there's an issue of validating the previous ownership somehow and in the end only a fraction of cars would have this info too, but it would still be useful when present.

I do think that idea has popped up before, actually. But verification would be problematic. And I kinda loathe "comment sections" anyway, I don't think the added utility would be worth the added hassle (mostly manual, too -- I don't want to become 'comment moderator').
I guess the alternative is then just the ability to add some sort of a contact information for previous owner? Prospective buyers would be able to get info directly if interested.

I just purchased the premium subscription and I don't see a way to look at the hidden CPO vehicles. Where can I go to look at these?

Hi MalcolmmmX --thanks for your subscription. This issue just came up in another thread: CPO Ordering - Website or SC?

These 'hidden' cars come and go based on the whim of the Tesla Remarking group. Currently, they are not hiding any cars they have previously listed, so as of now, there are no "hidden" cars that I have access to.

That said, the sales advisors always have access to many more cars that are never listed on Tesla's site, so working with an SA, as well as checking online, maximizes your chances of finding the perfect car.

As well as this followup:

I confirmed this with my SA today as well. Bummer for me, I wish I started looking few weeks ago.

I'll update the site to reflect this change tomorrow. In the mean time, if you'd like a refund for the subscription, please PM me. Thanks.

Hey Hank ... sorry if asked already (as it probably has)

1) How often is the database updated on your end (or is that a real-time search)
2) How often do the Query emails get sent out?

Reason for asking #2 was that, in yesterday's email, there was a 60 for $ 34k but by the time I clicked on it (which, I don't think, wasn't too soon after it had arrived), it was gone from Tesla's site.

I know... but also affordability ... and loan approvability as well :)

I feel your pain. I'm limited (by wife) to a budget of $55k (no clue why, she just likes that number), and I'm probably going to end up with another ICE :(
We need the size of the S, and want the range of an 85, minimum performance of the P85+, and a 4 yr warranty, all for $55k. Can't seem to check all of the boxes, so we're ICE-hunting this weekend. Barf. Hopefully we fail, and I convince her to like the number $70k, as that opens up our options quite a bit.

If only the Model Y was being released instead of the 3...

Sorry for off topic commentary! Love your site Hank!

I feel your pain. I'm limited (by wife) to a budget of $55k (no clue why, she just likes that number), and I'm probably going to end up with another ICE :(

Simple.
If the Tesla is limited to $55K, then that means the ICE car is limited to $40K, as it will cost $15K extra over 8 years for the gas to drive the ICE vs driving the Tesla. It's tough to get anything nice in ICE for $40K compared to what you can get in a Tesla for a bit more than $55K.

Reactions: SD_Engnr and EinSV
Simple.
If the Tesla is limited to $55K, then that means the ICE car is limited to $40K, as it will cost $15K extra over 8 years for the gas to drive the ICE vs driving the Tesla. It's tough to get anything nice in ICE for $40K compared to what you can get in a Tesla for a bit more than $55K.

This.

You can't take it with you when you die, so spend the extra $10k and get what you REALY want. I assure you, you will never regret it.

Reactions: SD_Engnr