Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still not picking up this seven seater (aka whack-a-mole):
2019 Model X | Tesla

I'm not sure what you're saying.. it's in there -- added 8/14

upload_2019-8-16_8-16-37.png

upload_2019-8-16_8-16-19.png

I notice that for all model X I looked at, the option list includes the drive unit, however for model S, only some cars have the drive unit listed,
see images attached.
Thus there may be some model S that have the DU00 drive unit but a search won't find them? Am I not searching correctly?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 6.56.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 6.56.19 AM.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 4.38.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 4.38.20 PM.png
    461.9 KB · Views: 33
What you're actually looking at there is 'new' versus 'used'... the same applies for both MS and MX.

About 6 months ago, Tesla significantly reduced the set of option codes available in their data stream to basically what you see on the first image -- only what's required to render an image for the website or other important features for listing the car.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. There was only very, very, brief time period that Tesla made cars with the new adaptive suspension with the older drive units.. we're talking a handful of cars. They certainly aren't making any more now or since then.

Thanks for your fast reply.

What I am trying to accomplish is to get the VIN of the model S cars that were made with older drive units and new adaptive suspension.

The reason is that my Raven model S with the new drive unit has high pitched whistles that are annoying to me, and also annoying to some others, see Why I returned my 2019 Tesla Model X?

I would like to replace the new drive unit with the old one. I wnat to provide the VINs to Tesla and ask them to do the same thing for me.

Based on the posts in those other threads, I suspect you're going to have an uphill battle and might have to go into arbitration to get it resolved. The very few hybrid cars that were built that way came off the factory floor, but you're now asking for a retrofit? I would think those are not exactly the same thing and the motors are not just drop-in replacements for each other. I hope you get resolution and relief to your issue, but I don't think it's going to be easy. Good luck.

Based on the posts in those other threads, I suspect you're going to have an uphill battle and might have to go into arbitration to get it resolved. The very few hybrid cars that were built that way came off the factory floor, but you're now asking for a retrofit? I would think those are not exactly the same thing and the motors are not just drop-in replacements for each other. I hope you get resolution and relief to your issue, but I don't think it's going to be easy. Good luck.

I agree it may be a challenge but evidently there exists a working configuration with old motor and new suspension. Whether an existing car can be retrofit to that same configuration at reasonable cost is an open question.

An alterative is to find a hybrid car available for sale.

Is there a way to find the VINs of the few hybrid Model S, given the reduced set of option codes?

An alterative is to find a hybrid car available for sale.

I think finding a hybrid car for sale is going to be next to impossible since there were so few built. And the ones built have surely been sold already. It's not like Tesla is sitting on a bunch of unsold hybrid cars somewhere ready to sell.

Is there a way to find the VINs of the few hybrid Model S, given the reduced set of option codes?

Unfortunately not.

Maybe covered already, sorry don't have time to read 81 pages. I can't get the price archive listings for sold Performance model X vehicles. Either by adding, performance models under the battery size heading, under trim levels of p90d, p100d, p100dl, or using ludicrous in must have features. Everything else seems to work. I'm trying to find out the lowest prices for p90d and p100d vehicles.
Also does anyone know if the used vehicle prices drop substantially at the end of the month at 4:00pm. Seems like there were some $85k 100d's that dropped to $65 around 4:00pm on July 31. Subsequently, sold out that night. I would love to pay that price.

Welcome Dirkdiggler.. a paid subscription is needed to access the "Performance" models in the archive listings. This was unfortunately a required step because too many commercial entities were abusing the 'free trial' to extract data for for-profit activities. Once you've signed up for the free trial, please see the 'Premium Status' page for subscription options. Thanks for your support.

Tesla has had 'fire sale' prices on listed cars near the end of quarter, but they continually drop (and raise) the prices of cars all the time.