Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey EV-CPO,

I have a question on the archived listings. I am in an odd situation. I am trying to buy a 2015 P85D but am having title issues so all I have to do right now is research.

I can find my vin on your tool and see when it was removed. That matches the date I placed my order.

I did a search of my vin and found an archived listing on Tesla scout from 2018. That date seems to match up with the Carfax I pulled indicating a second owner, I will be the 3rd apparently.

Do you know if your archived listings can pull more than one row back? It feels like I am getting a car that was sold CPO in 2018 and now Tesla used in 2019.

Feels like Tesla is selling the same car multiple times via their "used" service.

Any insight is appreciated. I would love to see how many others fall into this situation.

If you send me the VIN, I can see what I have.

Feels like Tesla is selling the same car multiple times via their "used" service.

I'm not sure if you're implying that's a problem or issue? I'd guess that someone bought a CPO, loved it so much, and then traded it in for a new car, and then Tesla resold the car again as used. Seems plausable to me. There's not much different between "CPO" and "used" other than that "used" are no longer refurbished. Both "CPO" and "Used" get the same warranty coverage based on age and mileage.

There have been several instances of a new car on EV-CPO being sold, and then coming back as CPO or used a couple of years later.

There's certainly a way to do that (I've built applications that store temporal data before), but it is the rare exception for this application, so it doesn't do that.

I do have archived backups I can search for a specific VIN if you send it to me.

edit: The other problem with storing data that way is that there's no way to tell if any car was actually sold, or just removed from the listings for other reasons. Tesla lists and delists hundreds of cars a week. They would appear the exact same as a car that was sold, and then bought back and re-listed to be sold again.

Seems like Tesla took away listing what type of AP comes with the cars now? Unless they just stripped the cars of AP all together...

Can you be more specific? I still see AP software listed for all the cars currently.
If you're talking about AP hardware level, yes, Tesla removed that for new cars several months ago, but still available for most used cars.

Can you be more specific? I still see AP software listed for all the cars currently.
If you're talking about AP hardware level, yes, Tesla removed that for new cars several months ago, but still available for most used cars.

I should clarify - not on your site but on Tesla’s site. For example:

2018 Model S | Tesla

Am I missing it or is there no longer info on the AP type?

Edit: I’m on mobile if that matters. Both portrait and landscape doesn’t show anything.

If you look at the embedded option codes in the HTML, the AP codes are still there.. (see below). It's probably a website glitch that will be fixed soon.

upload_2019-10-25_17-26-13.png

• Informative
Reactions: Litigate28
For used/CPO cars, the discount is the difference between the current price and the price the car was first listed at.

For new cars, it's the 'showroom discount' supplied by Tesla and is already reflected in the listed price.

Wow! You just replied to that in <30 seconds. Are you real or AI? I’m just gonna post all future questions here on all topics instead of using google. ;)

Thank You!

Wow! You just replied to that in <30 seconds. Are you real or AI? I’m just gonna post all future questions here on all topics instead of using google. ;)

Ha ha, no bot here. But that's what a bot would say, so how do you know for sure?

I had that answer pre-written because it's pretty common, so I just pasted it in. Perhaps I should have the bot put up a FAQ.

Also, just to clarify. You meant the price is was originally listed at on the used car site? Not the original sticker price correct? (There are no dumb questions) :)

Yes, not the sticker price, but the price first listed as a used car.

Ha ha, no bot here. But that's what a bot would say, so how do you know for sure?

I guess we could find out...

have you ever injured a human being or, through inaction, allowed a human being to come to harm?

I had that answer pre-written because it's pretty common, so I just pasted it in. Perhaps I should have the bot put up a FAQ.

Yes, not the sticker price, but the price first listed as a used car.

amazing. I’m seeing $25,000 discounts on some of these. Makes me feel like a sucker if I buy one that says $0. I wonder what would cause them to discount one so heavily?

thanks again!

Love the site - Waiting for my trial to end so I can subscribe!

Question - Since location is now no longer on the data from Tesla, would it be possible to be able to plug in a Tesla URL (that includes a zip code) and use that to retrieve the list of cars that are "local" to that zip code? Basically have the server-side ( or local....) grab the list of VIN's from the return from that URL/zip code and filter on them?

For example: New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Love the site - Waiting for my trial to end so I can subscribe!

Thanks for your comments! You can subscribe at any time, and it will tack on your sub after your free trial.

Question - Since location is now no longer on the data from Tesla, would it be possible to be able to plug in a Tesla URL (that includes a zip code) and use that to retrieve the list of cars that are "local" to that zip code? Basically have the server-side ( or local....) grab the list of VIN's from the return from that URL/zip code and filter on them?
For example: New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't quite work that way. Tesla lists cars in multiple locations, and are very loose about the assignments. You can put a zip code in and get a bunch of cars, and then put in another zip code 500 miles away, and get half the same cars listed again. It's possible to ferret out a loose location, but it would take thousands of queries and "not easy" data analysis to figure out which cars are "closest" to which zip codes... and even then it wouldn't be terribly accurate. At best it would narrow down a car to a multi-state region.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't quite work that way. Tesla lists cars in multiple locations, and are very loose about the assignments. You can put a zip code in and get a bunch of cars, and then put in another zip code 500 miles away, and get half the same cars listed again. It's possible to ferret out a loose location, but it would take thousands of queries and "not easy" data analysis to figure out which cars are "closest" to which zip codes... and even then it wouldn't be terribly accurate. At best it would narrow down a car to a multi-state region.

Got it - I was thinking they were indicating that the cars that come back "were close" but I am getting the impression that it is really fuzzy logic on Tesla's part - I just tried what you said and I see what you mean.