TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EVamped Consoles Review

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SharkDoc, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Adsbrown

Adsbrown New Member

I Just ordered the Insane front console and I have to say that I am blown away by this companies customer service. It is rare these days to have an owner that is so responsive. They clearly take a lot of pride in their company and their work. I would recommend these guys to anyone looking for high-quality accessories. I do not often write a review but occasionally a company like this comes along and it has to be shared. If you are trying to decide where to get your Tesla accessories - look no further than EVamped. You will not be disappointed.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

Just got my iPhone X, I am going to attempt the wireless charge install. Just checking for tips and tricks. Lifeinabox, were you able to install yours?

• Like x 2
  3. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

Did you see the new cup holder for existing Model S consoles that they made? Luv luv luv, I know what I am getting for my besties Christmas gift!

EVamped | Tesla Aftermarket Products

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

Charger finally arrived! Will attempt install this weekend.

• Like x 2
  5. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

#45 Lifeinabox, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Ok, install complete. My original intent was to hardwire the charger into the plug that powers the LED, but I ended up taking the easy way out. I went with a 3 coil charger to ensure phone placement won't be an issue (single coil can be a little finicky). Here's the one I bought but you can find these all over the interwebs for cheap - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HTSCG7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for the install:
    This is what the wiring looks like once you unzip the bottom of the console. I had planned to tap into the red LED wires.
    [​IMG]

And then once I removed the leather from the foam core it looked like this.
    [​IMG]

I discovered the insert/false floor of the main bin and changed my mine about splicing wries. It's a pretty sturdy piece of wood, so applied some superglue to the coils and mounted the charger in place on the bottom side of the floor.
    [​IMG]

I used a short USB cable to connect to the existing USB charge port. I then put the floor back in and wedged the cable in the corner so as to keep a low profile.
    [​IMG]

All done. I think it looks pretty clean.
    [​IMG]

Anxiously placed phone in the bin, and, voila, we have power!
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

Went for a long drive and the charger gets pretty warm. I was worried about air flow as I know some of the wireless chargers have fans. Will have to tinker with the setup.

• Like x 1
  7. CarpetMan

CarpetMan Member

Crazy timing, I also just finished my version of a wireless charger install tonight. I didn’t go too fancy just wanted something easy that worked.

Here’s the charger I ordered off amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075PQFQZL/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1512974836&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=qi+fast+charger+lts+future&dpPl=1&dpID=41kWTKH9T2L&ref=plSrch

I also ordered some 1” wide Velcro for the install.

I simply drilled a hole through the bottom to fish the cord through. I also used a strip of Velcro on the back of the charger so I can hold it right on the sweet spot of my iPhone X wireless charging spot.

The phone wasn’t 100% snug, so 2 more strips of Velcro (soft side facing phone screen so it won’t scratch) and now my phone slides right in and is held tight while driving.

And here’s pictures of the install

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. CarpetMan

CarpetMan Member

EFEC4856-4A6C-4027-8328-5BF55DD30828.jpeg A1772362-3EC4-4F69-8A82-4CB99B65B9ED.jpeg I know this thread is about the console, but I have to give a shout out to Evamped on their awesome drawer! Here’s a couple pictures of the drawer I ordered. Snaps into place very well, was the lowest price drawer I could find, and the carbon fiber matches perfectly.

Very happy with my drawer as well as the front and rear consoles from ev amped!

• Like x 2
  9. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

nice work!

10. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

Thanks for all the tips from both of you, I am ordering this charger right now.

11. Natalie 1

Natalie 1 Member

I need this too! Very nice install guys.

• Like x 1
  12. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

Hubby installed in the flat pocket up front, works fantastic!

• Like x 2
  13. sledhead36

sledhead36 Member

I just added the wireless charging to the pockets of both front and rear. Works great, thanks for the tips.

• Like x 2
  14. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I ordered 2 of them, going to do the rear console also. Pictures to follow.

• Like x 1
  15. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

Still have the heat and will work on it over the holidays. Didn't want to go pocket charger as I want the ease of just tossing it in the main bin. Otherwise, it's no different than plugging into a charger base glued into the pocket (no offense intended).

• Like x 2
  16. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

Wow, love the wireless charging. Easy install from the backside zipper area of the Ludicrous Model Console. Thanks Lifeinabox.

• Like x 2
  17. Natalie 1

Natalie 1 Member

We did it just like Lifeinabox and Carpetman. The wireless charging in the little phone pocket works great! Thank you for the tips.

• Like x 2
  18. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

Had a buddy get a Model 3. Has anyone does a wireless charger in that yet?

19. Dog lover 1

Dog lover 1 Member

My Neighbor just got theirs, I will ask them. They are much better looking in person. Love that blue!

20. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I am getting my Model 3 in 2 weeks. I will check it out.