Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVE Tesla App - In my opinion, avoid this Scam Company

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had been a subscriber to their service for over a year.

Monthly, the $4.99 charges appeared on my credit card and I was too lazy to cancel even though I wasn't using it.

Finally, this past month, I decided to pull the trigger and went to their website.

Red Flag #1: There is NO way to cancel easily from your account like 99% of other legitimate businesses. Instead, you have to send an email to their CS department which I did. No response. No confirmation. Instead, surprise! I got charged the amount again.

Red Flag #2: So I decided to call the phone number on their website. I left a message explaining the situation and requested a callback. You can see where this is going... crickets in return.

I finally had to call my credit card company to reverse the charge and block them from any other charges.

When a company business model relies on subscriptions and makes it difficult or impossible to unsubscribe, one must question the efficacy of the organization as well as the viability of the model itself.

Needless to say, these are my own opinions based upon my own experience and YMMV.

Just an FYI....

Agreed. I started this service after buying my car in March and noticed they did not support the latest refresh in their options, the RSS reader was broken, and the service would not connect reliability. I tweeted to the owner and was promised that big updates including voice commands were coming soon. Now there is no responce and no other way to reach the site owner.

Agreed. I started this service after buying my car in March and noticed they did not support the latest refresh in their options, the RSS reader was broken, and the service would not connect reliability. I tweeted to the owner and was promised that big updates including voice commands were coming soon. Now there is no responce and no other way to reach the site owner.
Things not working as advertised, no official customer communications, but tweets about new features coming soon? Sound familiar, anyone? ;)

I also got the email from Insteon today promoting their integration with EVE. I signed up for the free account and it looked pretty polished. Then, I decided to reset my password and they emailed me my actual password in plaintext.

That is a huge red flag for security concerns. They clearly don't Salt/Hash the passwords in their database and just store them in plaintext. They also have Gmail And Twitter integrations that could be comprised I imagine.

Looked good on surface, but concerning with the above comments.

So, today I sent an email asking to cancel my subscription and had a prompt reply back acknowledging the request while pointing out that I would have full use of the application through the end of the original year-long term.

Perhaps the complaints have worked. This was a professional response.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaggy
Ladies and gentlemen. EVE Solutions attempted to reply directly to several of your above posts. As they are not paid vendors for the site those posts have not been approved. However, the main point was "sorry, we'll do better, please reach out to us via our support options and we'll reply within 24 hours.
Toll free number: (844) 837-5210 or by email: [email protected]

AVOID this company. Same problem as all the above. I sent my request within 2 weeks after I saw the install not working as advertised. Guess what, they billed me again the next month. I had also called and had to leave several messages (they never answer the phone). Crickets. I filed a dispute with my credit card against their recent charge.

I am just another fool who did not read all these warnings not to do business with these people. They show a contact number that takes voicemails but does not respond. They show an email address that gets no response. They have a page that lets you try to cancel - no effect. I am now disputing their most recent charge with my bank and asking to block future charges. I will probably have to get a new card, and resetup all the other people that are allowed to charge to it. It's not worth it, especially if you have an older MCU that takes forever to load their app. AVOID!