Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everything wrong with V11 update / user interface.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about everyone else, but I often think in terms of my parents and others who aren't computer savy. I am pretty sure that they couldn't handle a Tesla's touch screen let alone a changing touch screen. That's a lot of people who couldn't handle this situation at all.

We're getting closed to beating a dead horse time with V11 comments. I just quickly scanned some TMC user profiles and there is one user with more than 50 posts complaining about V11. There's another bunch with almost as many. Most of these posts add either no new information or suggestions for improvement. This forum is for discussion and
last I checked it is not an approved option for either contacting Tesla or for psychotherapy.
Well said.

That isn't there in the V11 update. I agree that was simple but pressing the map doesn't bring up the supercharger icon. You have to click on the Navigate box and then you can choose Supercharger.
There are 2 ways to bring up the supercharger locations. One way is to use the Nav Box and select the lightning icon. That will bring them up until you close it. The other way is to press the map and toggle the tear drop point of interest icon (on the upper right of the map below the traffic icon). That will bring up Superchargers and all the Point of Interest locations permanently on your map until you toggle it off.

That isn't there in the V11 update. I agree that was simple but pressing the map doesn't bring up the supercharger icon. You have to click on the Navigate box and then you can choose Supercharger
Go and try it...toggle the supercharger icon on the right of the map...press it and it turns white, press again and it goes gray...white shows all superchargers within the map area you are looking at together with other useful local info like stores etc...press again and it goes away...do you follow?

Go and try it...toggle the supercharger icon on the right of the map...press it and it turns white, press again and it goes gray...white shows all superchargers within the map area you are looking at together with other useful local info like stores etc...press again and it goes away...do you follow?
The location of those map buttons is actually an improvement on new UI. I remember they used to be at the bottom right of the map hidden by the music bar. If you have a spotify bar there you will never find those buttons.

I don't know about everyone else, but I often think in terms of my parents and others who aren't computer savy. I am pretty sure that they couldn't handle a Tesla's touch screen let alone a changing touch screen. That's a lot of people who couldn't handle this situation at all.
There are many 60/70/80 year olds on these forums quite happily managing their Tesla.

I tried it a couple times but maybe the map was too small as there aren't any Superchargers within 20 miles. I will try again! Thanks for the tip.

That imagine was from an iPhone and the streets are there. A previous post of the same area shows some streets but the side streets are nearly invisible.

Here I added both. The black one is from the internet. Tesla map at nighttime. The green/blue one is the area from the maps app on the iPhone. The Tesla view is clear of clutter.. and roads
You checked "Dark Mode" ?

I tried it a couple times but maybe the map was too small as there aren't any Superchargers within 20 miles. I will try again! Thanks for the tip.
The main difference between what you said before is that going into navigate search bar and then hitting charge icon will show you ALL chargers in the US if you zoom out enough...the process I described will show you your nearest superchargers within a few miles radius, perhaps 5-10 miles. It really depends on what you wanted to achieve. See ALL chargers or nearest chargers to current position. Happy to help

We're getting closed to beating a dead horse time with V11 comments. I just quickly scanned some TMC user profiles and there is one user with more than 50 posts complaining about V11. There's another bunch with almost as many. Most of these posts add either no new information or suggestions for improvement. This forum is for discussion and
last I checked it is not an approved option for either contacting Tesla or for psychotherapy.
I agree that we're going nowhere, but have you seen the title of this thread?

Reactions: ContrarianDC
I guess you haven't figured out that all you need to do is press the map screen and hit supercharger icon and there they are...! I love the fact the screen is only cluttered when I want it to be!
I see you're the Tesla loyalist who consistently goes around this thread down voting every comment that is not 100% pro Tesla. Don't you have anything better to do?

That said, yes I did figure out how to get superchargers displayed on the map but I guess it was too hard for you to compute that previously this information was freely available for Tesla users at ALL TIMES. You did not need to click multiple times and go into submenus just to see SC locations. It was all there displayed on the map at all times. ZOOM in and you see SCs close to you, ZOOM out at the entire state or country level and you saw SCs all over everywhere. Simple! No Rocket science. And they had it that way cuz you know...an EV driver might need that sort of info handy and available easily? But hey if pressing multiple buttons is what floats your boat then you're the best candidate for this sort of "solutionism at its worst". Glad to hear you're enjoying the excessive button clicking with the V11 update just like my 2 year old does. He LOVES pressing buttons.

One potential improvement - I noticed with V11 that the in-car dashcam viewer interface is finally much smoother. It used to be nearly impossible to move the view cursor to the point in a video that you wanted - it was “sticky” before and would jump only to certain times in a video (hopefully my description makes sense). I believe others have indicated the same issue. Now I can slide it around to anywhere I want in a video. Anyone else notice that improvement?