Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everything wrong with V11 update / user interface.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The more one has to swipe and look, the longer one has to take one's eyes off the road. A serious safety issue if ever there was one.
Why do you need to look as you swipe up? I don't look at my hand swiping. I know where the screen is and I just swipe up...then I press the button...no difference than having it on screen as before. A serious safety issue? LOL

I'm glad I logged in this morning and found out about this update. I would have been looking hard for a lot of things if I hadn't gone out and spent time in the garage looking it over...

It appears several switches and features I use are buried deeper, like fog lights and wipers. I can only hope the voice commands for these work better...
Wipers are actually easier now, hit the stalk for one wipe and the on/off bar appears, it was annoying until I realized this. Don't use fog lights so, yeah it was always buried for me.

The homelink button is gone, figured it was also buried but now realize its connected to the GPS, it will appear when you arrive home. Actually much better than previous version.
One thing that might be my imagination but it seems the radio volume may increase with speed. This is a no brainer feature that has been around for years and really makes the car seem quieter. Before I was adjusting the volume constantly to hear at speed and decrease at stop lights. Only had V11 for a few days but the radio volume sure seems better. No mention of the radio or homelink in the release notes.

Wipers are actually easier now, hit the stalk for one wipe and the on/off bar appears, it was annoying until I realized this. Don't use fog lights so, yeah it was always buried for me.
This function has always been there! The pane that would appear actually had larger buttons before than now so again this is slightly harder now than before.

I'm super annoyed by the hidden seat warmers. I live in San Diego and don't want that feature automated. But on some cold nights, my passengers will turn on the heated seats and then never turn them off. With the new software, I have no idea if they are still on, which just drains my battery. At the least, they should give the user the option to provide the heated seat shortcuts in the home screen. Or they should automatically turn off the heated seats if nobody is sitting on a seat.

I drove today for about 300 km and I hate I hate I hate
Peoples that said “where is the problem ? ? ? you can use voice command” , today for 30/35 km the lte was down :
no map (never happened in 3 years), no voice command ! ! !
every time I look at the screen I damn the day I installed this shiiiit
Probably no LTE connection... But no way of knowing, the LTE icon is gone too in the new UI ;)

I'm super annoyed by the hidden seat warmers. I live in San Diego and don't want that feature automated. But on some cold nights, my passengers will turn on the heated seats and then never turn them off. With the new software, I have no idea if they are still on, which just drains my battery. At the least, they should give the user the option to provide the heated seat shortcuts in the home screen. Or they should automatically turn off the heated seats if nobody is sitting on a seat.
You just swipe up anywhere from the base of the screen and there is all the climate/heating info. Perhaps in a future update they might allow users to choose what buttons are shown but for now you will just have to swipe up

Peoples that said “where is the problem ? ? ? you can use voice command” , today for 30/35 km the lte was down :
Your best bet is to get a car with lots of hardware buttons. You blood pressure will thank you!

LTE icon isn't gone...just tap the car icon and there it is. No need to constantly know if you are connected to LTE is there?
Actually, I used this icon a lot. I just had to tap on it to connect to WiFi while driving. Now it's more complicated.

And yes, it's better to know if you're connected or not. This icon did not take a lot of place. Now, there's the passenger airbag instead, that I do not care because it's always on.

Look v11 is an absolute POS. From the tragic" iOS circa 5 years ago/Android free icon pack pretending to be iOS from 5 years ago" icons to ask them missing and moved featured. So many things missing and hard to find. The more I used it the more features I find missing I didn't even realise I used. Driving on autopilot I wanted to see where the supercharger was. Oh crap where is the lightning bolt icon gone? I had to Google it and best car was use voice command because while navigating the search box is unavailable. Then I wanted to see how much time was last on my podcast to find there is no timer, just a stupid line. My wife had as meltdown trying to find the driver profiles. Still no idea how to add one. Then I wanted to know how the reception was and has to dig into to car menu after googling it. If you far to Google the most basic of functions that's an automatic fail. Tesla UI was always tremendous compared to the mess created by other companies. There was no need for apple car play or Android auto, but after this fiasco they had better fix some stuff fast, it's embarrassing how bad this is. Not even to mention visually how awful the layout is. Don't get me started on the damn keyboard.. surely there been some mistake. Elon had better fire everyone that allowed this thing to go into production.
Or course some of the new features like the turn indicator camera are great if haphazardly implemented . The whole thing lacks polish and looks as if too many engineers got too involved in the UX team.

Whatever people think of this update it is so sad that people can feel this way about a car they used to love. Sorry to hear this buddy. It happens at every major release. The controls get worse. I have just come to expect it now. Thinking about it, It happens on each car release too really. Old S and X are MUCH nicer to control than the 3 and the Y and god knows what they were thinking with the new plaid S and X. The Cyber Truck should be hilarious.

• Love
Reactions: kavyboy
Actually, I used this icon a lot. I just had to tap on it to connect to WiFi while driving. Now it's more complicated.

And yes, it's better to know if you're connected or not. This icon did not take a lot of place. Now, there's the passenger airbag instead, that I do not care because it's always on.
More complicated?...its a tap. I prefer the screen real estate to be less cluttered. We are both served well this way...I get my screen kept free of clutter and you only have one more tap for that vital piece of information!