Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evgo 350 kW 4 station charger in Baker, Ca. (June 2017)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If so that's at odds with the OP.

Indeed, the picture in my original post pulled from the story I linked to specifically said a total of 4 350kW chargers.

If Tesla had been promising that and underdelivered like EvGo did here, there would have been 30 different news organizations and bloggers broadcasting 24/7 from the site for several weeks.

EvGo drops this turd out in the desert and nobody bats an eye.

Not even clear if the solar roof and storage battery ever showed up to the party or not...

RT

Reactions: scaesare
So you are saying there are not 350KW units there, or they are separate from the 150KW units?
Sorry I wasn't clear. The OP and title of this thread don't match what's now installed in Baker. There are 4 units total, 2x 50kW units (turned on) and 2x prototype 150kW units (not operational).

Here's the label from one of the 150kW units from PlugShare. Looks like these units will be able to charge 800v batteries (Taycan) at probably around 200A and 400v batteries at 350A.

305945.jpg

I ended up charging here yesterday. Hadn't been following this thread lately, but I was driving through Baker anyway so I stopped to take a look. There was an employee there (in an ICE for some reason) trying to activate and do some testing. When I drove up, he jumped out and asked if I had a Chademo adapter. When I said that I did, he asked if I would charge to test that it works.

I didn't really need the charge, but I was happy to help out. It took 15-30 minutes for him to get it activated. He was making lots of phone calls, but eventually it worked. I believe the first one I plugged into was either 100 or 150kW Chademo. The 2nd one was 175kW Chademo while the CCS plug on that station was labeled 350kW (I saw the debate up thread about the 350kW). Of course the Tesla Chademo adapter is limited to 56kW I believe and my SOC was like 70% anyway so I only drew about 40-45kW on each charge.

I think the reason it took him a while to get it up and running was that the payment system wasn't set up yet and then the chargers didn't want to activate without payment. With all the phone calls, he got them to switch it to a FREE charger at least temporarily for testing purposes. I didn't really get an ETA for when the entire site would be fully functional, but I would imagine it might be already or it will be soon. The guy obviously doesn't live in Baker so I assume he's going to take care of business before he leaves the area.