Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVgo is providing Tesla CHAdeMO adapters, AAA discount for EVgo charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electrek is reporting that EVgo will be providing Tesla CHAdeMO adapters at some of its fast charging stations. You are still limited to the adapter's maximum of 50 kW, but it is still much faster than Level 2 charging.

"Tesla partners with EVgo to deploy Tesla connectors on their nationwide charging network"
Tesla partners with EVgo to deploy Tesla connectors on their nationwide charging network - Electrek

Separately, AAA is offering discounted charging to its members at EVgo stations.
EVgo Promotion

For the record, the AAA discount is (currently) only listed for members of AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah - NOT AAA So Cal. Although I have an in with someone who might have some influence to get that changed (adding So Cal, not removing Nor Cal!)

It is possible that a So Cal member could still sign up, but I didn't test that.

*To clarify: I am only looking on the AAA So Cal App (called "Auto Club")

Reactions: MIT_S60
Curious if anyone know if the AAA-subsidized evgo membership includes the free charging allotment (you'd get if you sign up without AAA)?

Attachments

• EVgo.png
    EVgo.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 84
Curious if anyone know if the AAA-subsidized evgo membership includes the free charging allotment (you'd get if you sign up without AAA)?

I could be wrong, but my guess would be no. I went back through all the AAA emails regarding the EVgo discount and none mentioned getting 30 minutes of fast charging included. My EVgo account doesn't mention anything either. The AAA EVgo membership waives the $7.99 monthly fee and comes with discounted charging rates. Just multiplying the 26 cents per minute rate in your example by 30.73 minutes comes close to the $7.99 monthly fee in the non AAA EVgo membership...