Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evidence of rear door aerodynamics issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M3noob

Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2019
Beyond the pale
On our road trip south in standard shitty French weather, both doors evidenced similar smudges. Close inspection revealed that the door was slightly proud of the rear wing by a millemeter or two. Certainly less than 3mm.

Chatting with a Tesla Service chap at a Supercharger in Toulouse he said that it was complicated to make any adjustment and it wouldn't make any appreciable difference in the aerodynamics.

What say ye? Is this a First World Problem that shouldn't keep me awake in the wee hours? ;)

Also a not-so-good pic of my finger but more importantly a pic of the increased wheel clearance thanks to the MPP Lift Kit.

RearDoor .jpg

With my experience of adjusting the bonnet after Tesla tried to adjust it on a service centre visit, making it worse, I would say that you are better off forgetting about it.

It is probably fiddly to adjust, with a high potential for you to spend lots of time and energy getting it no better than it already is, or worse in some other way.

Reactions: M3noob
Not unique to the Model 3, I get the exact same marks on my Golf GTE and the alignment is spot on. So I suspect you could spend a bunch of time messing about with no real change!
Was going to say the same. I've had this on most of my cars (although not all cars were in the same league!) If it was my car I wouldn't have given it a thought.

Reactions: M3noob and NewbieT