Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
one thing I don’t like about Evie’s and all the other non-Tesla networks is that they express the availability of plugs based on the total number of plugs at the site, even if they cannot all be used simultaneously. This annoys me greatly.
Yes, it annoys me greatly too.

In the high level view on the Evie app I get 3 marked available as I have CCS2 filter set.
Thank you for that tip, that suddenly makes the high level view actually useful. Although if someone is using the Chademo plug on a single stall site it will still show as 1 available when it isn't, but that doesn't happen very often.

one thing I don’t like about Evie’s and all the other non-Tesla networks is that they express the availability of plugs based on the total number of plugs at the site, even if they cannot all be used simultaneously. This annoys me greatly.
That’s actually one good point of the new Evie app. Set the filter to ccs2 and it remembers that! Plug counts are now always correct.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and leonk
That’s actually one good point of the new Evie app. Set the filter to ccs2 and it remembers that! Plug counts are now always correct.

Ah, thanks, I didn’t know that. That’s better, but on stalls which can only charge 1 car at once, but have 2 x CCS2 plugs on it, would this filter show 1 plug available or 2? e.g. Edmondson Park and Kogarah have 2 stalls, one has 1 x CCS2 & 1 x CHAdeMO and the other has 2 x CCS2. With the filter on, it shows 3 plugs available, but can that second stall actually charge 2 cars?

Which reminds me of another limitation in the Evie App - I‘m not aware of a way to add additional vehicles and switch between them like you can in PlugShare. Under “Your Car” the heading is “Your Vehicles” (plural) but I can only see a way to delete the current vehicle, not add a second one.

In my case, that makes a difference, because my other EV is a LEAF with CHAdeMO.

The App should also have the appropriate plug filtered by default for the given car selected.

location of Arena Evie Charger at Hornsby,

1-3 Dural Street Hornsby.
Almost ready
2 pics uploaded to PlugS
The bay to the right is shaded by a 🌲

Arena funding

IMG_2222.jpeg
IMG_2221.jpeg

im still lurking around Wangaratta and saw the EVIE site. Great location right in the middle of town with all the big shops nearby. 50kw tho so take note..

RAA should take note how convienient this one is! Heaps easier to find than the Tesla supercharger site but limited outlets and speed.

IMG_7871.jpeg
IMG_7872.jpeg
IMG_7873.jpeg
IMG_7874.jpeg

Evie is doing a great job… but what is going on in VIC? Zooming out on their map, the entire state of Victoria seems to be plastered with Evie sites… from Lakes Entrance and Corryong in the east, to Dartmoor, Edenhope and Kaniva in the west.

Compare that to NSW, where outside of Sydney, apart from Lawson and Bathurst, Evie does not have a single site west of the Hume or Pacific Highways.

What you're seeing is different rounds and objectives in government funding.

On the highways you got the (still to complete) Arena Ultra Fast program which has 350kW chargers from Evie (and Chargefox - ownership now with individual motoring groups).

In Victoria, Evie won lots of funding under CTR and DCAV programs for lots of regional (mostly one stall 50kW) chargers. Arguably this role in NSW is fulfilled by NRMA.

Then you've got the Arena Suburban fast charging scheme, so lots of mostly 2-stall 50kW units within the various capitals (and places like Newcastle and Wollongong). And more recently your starting to see NSW Govt funding 2-4x 150kW chargers.

Last edited:
Hamilton? Otherwise it seems like they're actually doing a pretty good job?
Moorabool, Melton, and Whyndom City Councils is my current bug bear being the biggest population growth in the country but the most under-invested in terms of local infrastructure (at least according to the local labor Fed MP).

Of those three local councils there is no Tesla Super Charger stations and only a few hit or miss 3rd party ones (that are often broken when I drive through that area).

Four new chargers going in on top of the two existing at Ampol at Seven Hills in Sydney.
The other day I was just reading Evie’s lessons learnt report to ARENA from March, which mentioned the following:
  • Cameron Park NSW, Jamisontown NSW, BP Northpoint VIC, Sutton Forest West NSW,
    Paralowie Village Shopping Centre SA, Coochin Creek QLD, Seven Hills NSW, Dandenong VIC, Coomera QLD, Bundamba QLD and Taylors Lakes VIC are all located on the fringes of major capital cities and are designed for up to six 350kW chargers in anticipation of high traffic volumes in future.