Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVmote App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
Some exciting news. I've just added IFTTT support to evMote!

Go to your "My Account" page and scroll down. You'll see instructions on how to control your Tesla from IFTTT.

This opens the door for all kinds of automation!
- Open your sunroof when you leave home and close it when you get close to work
- Send a text message to honk your horn when you're lost in a parking lot
- Honk your horn when your home security system detects an intruder
- Who knows? That's the beauty of IFTTT! Share your recipes with the rest of us!

Right now, you can:
- Flash the headlights
- Honk the horn
- Lock the car
- Unlock the car
- Open, close, or vent the sunroof

I'll be adding more actions later. For now, enjoy!

Ryan

Hi all,
Some exciting news. I've just added IFTTT support to evMote!

Go to your "My Account" page and scroll down. You'll see instructions on how to control your Tesla from IFTTT.

This opens the door for all kinds of automation!
- Open your sunroof when you leave home and close it when you get close to work
- Send a text message to honk your horn when you're lost in a parking lot
- Honk your horn when your home security system detects an intruder
- Who knows? That's the beauty of IFTTT! Share your recipes with the rest of us!

Right now, you can:
- Flash the headlights
- Honk the horn
- Lock the car
- Unlock the car
- Open, close, or vent the sunroof

I'll be adding more actions later. For now, enjoy!

Ryan

That's great! Any chance you could add "Turn HVAC On"? Thanks!

I just added the ability to turn HVAC on/off, as well as set the temperature.

Thanks,
Ryan

Thank you! I am already experimenting with it! My application is to integrate it with my home automation system. My home automation know what time I need to wake up every day. Based on that, it turns on lights, music and so on. I want it to have the Tesla properly "climate controlled" waiting for me in the garage!

Thank you! I am already experimenting with it! My application is to integrate it with my home automation system. My home automation know what time I need to wake up every day. Based on that, it turns on lights, music and so on. I want it to have the Tesla properly "climate controlled" waiting for me in the garage!

That's pretty freaking awesome. I just updated the "Automation" page with a new design and some better instructions in the IFTTT section. Would love your feedback, and I *definitely* want to hear how the automation works once you have it all setup!

Ryan

OK, I just signed up. I really like the idea of continuously saving the track log. But it doesn't seem to work 100% correctly. I tried two little trips around the block. Each time it lost the first few seconds of the trip making the track look like I drove the the middle of my neighbor's yard :) Practically, this probably isn't a serious problem. But it makes me worry about relying on it.

Context: I like to geotag my photographs. My camera doesn't have its own GPS so I use an iPhone app to keep a track log and then use Adobe Lightroom to tag the photos from the track log. My photos are rarely taken far enough from my car to matter. But sometimes I forget to start the iPhone app and then I'm screwed. And when I do remember it chews up my iPhone's battery.

Lightroom wants the track log in "gpx" format. I suppose it would be possible to write a script to convert csv to gpx but it would be a pain. gpx is the industry standard for these things. And of course, evmote needs an "export this trip" button :)

I would echo other's comments about too many short segments. Perhaps you could combine all trip segments for 24-hour day into one?

The trips screen doesn't seem to show the current trip. It would be nice to see it update in real time.

The range remaining text inside the circle isn't centered.

And now my big complaint: the dashboard shows a white car. My car is red!

I would echo other's comments about too many short segments. Perhaps you could combine all trip segments for 24-hour day into one?

Just to add on to this, some people might not want all trips in the same day combined (sometimes I would, sometimes I wouldn't).

What I suggest is a few different possibilities/additions:

-- Allow people to set a minimum distance before a trip is saved. For any trip shorter than this minimum distance, all the data is immediately discarded.
-- Allow us to delete all trips below a minimum mileage threshold.
-- Save all trips for 48 hours, then after 48 hours, delete any trips below the minimum threshold.
-- Allow us to easily delete any saved trip!
-- On the "Trip History" list, display the length in miles so we can skip clicking on all the short local trips
-- Also on the "Trip History" list, allow us to use the arrow-keys to move up and down the list. Right now it only supports mouse clicks. Also allow a continuous list, so when I get to the last trip in the list, a down arrow automatically loads the next page and positions the pointer at the top of the list.
-- Also on the "Trip History" list, group the trips by Day/Date.. so you only show "Oct 22" once, and then all the trips for that day below it by start time and total mileage.

Any one of these would be a big improvement on the "Trip History" page.

Thanks.

As always, thank you all for the feedback! If you've noticed, I tend to move in a zigzag across different features. I put a basic version in, then move to the next one. Eventually I come back to the first and improve it. This helps me get initial feedback on features before I invest a ton in refining them.
In that spirit, I've started working again on the charging reminders. Take a look at your automation page and let me know what you think about the layout/ui for charging reminders. See if it makes sense. Note that the start and end times aren't "hooked up" yet, so their just for show. I'll try to get them functional tomorrow.

Thanks!
Ryan

No, I am using ISY (and Insteon).

I need to create a "Network Resource" in the ISY but it is not working ... Here is what I have:

Protocol: HTTPS
Protocol: POST
Host: Home - evMote - Get the most out of your Tesla
Port: 443
Path: /ifttt/7246ff***********d9ce/lock
Encore URL: NO
Timeout: 500 ms
Mode: Raw Text

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Try bumping the timeout a bit. The Tesla servers can be slow. I'd try 7000 miliseconds to start with.
You can also send me your email address to [email protected] and I'll look up your API calls and see what's going on.

Thanks,
Ryan