TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EVmote App

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by cryptyk, Aug 15, 2015.

1. OverZealous

OverZealous Member

Damn. Thanks for all the hard work, Ryan. I'll miss having my trip history readily accessible.

2. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

I totally understand. It was nice while it lasted. Thanks for putting it out there!

3. mochouinard

mochouinard Member

As thing, grow, the less time you get to work on the fun part and to just make sure it scale. I got similar problem. And too low number of people willing to pay with market limited and under the full control of Tesla to shut the remote access down to us anytime they wish... Hard to justify the time and create a business models.

4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Yes, thanks for putting this up, it was good while it lasted, and I really liked the changes in the beta version. It just goes to show people (and Tesla) just what's possible with the treasure trove of information they have available. Now if they would only make it officially supported, that would be great.

5. Majerus

Majerus Member

I came here to ask the same thing.

6. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

I've thought a lot about this in the last few weeks. Most of my projects are open source, so I'm a strong advocate of the concept. For EvMote specifically, I'm considering leaving the majority of it private. I'd like to believe that I will find time to revive the project in the future, and perhaps the Model 3 will make the business model more realistic.

That said, I want to help folks as much as possible to expand the ecosystem. If there are parts of the code that you think would be especially valuable, I'm happy to publish those portions.

Here's an overview of the tech stack:
    1) TeslaMS open source library for basic communication with the Tesla API
    2) A Web component that serves the website you all use. This is Node-React, with a backend service.
    3) A backend service in Node that tracks all of the cars GPS coordinates and writes them to the database.
    4) A Mongo Replica set (2x nodes and 1x arbiter) that stores user data and GPS coordinates.
    5) Graylog2 and AppDynamics for monitoring
    6) An automated push-to-deploy system comprised of git, Github, Shippable, Docker, AWS elastic container service, AWS elastic beanstalk, and AWS ec2. This allows me to push code. It gets tested, built, and pushed via Docker to beanstalk.

Other stuff I'm not thinking of :)

Thanks,
    Ryan

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2