Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "Safety Margin" feature is just what this is for. It's the minimum charge level you'd be comfortable pulling into a charger with. I've been playing with the default over time. I started at 12% which seems to be close to what Tesla is using but then too many people didn't know about it and couldn't route to where they wanted to go.

Anyway, change that (car preferences) to a bigger number. It will find a route (if possible) that maintains that margin. In the Winter, I'd bump mine to 20% here in the Northeast.
Oh SWEET... I did not see that.... Mia Culpa.

One other thought(s).... we like to limit our travels on a daily basis to a certain number of miles on long trips.... in the planning section, if there was a variable we could enter that says.... "Draw a daily circle of X miles" where X is that daily variable, then we could plan and look for a destination Hotel/Inn/B&B which is in that area.

As it stands now, I have to print out the plan, and do a calculation to kind of figure out where we will be after X miles...

Also, some folks would probably rather define this in a TIME factor.... In other words.... we want to only be in the car for 6 hours where will be be in six hours of time?

These are really gilting the Lilly but would be helpful in a TRIP PREFERENCES perspective.

Integration with the Tesla Destination charging hotels/Inns/motels/etc would also be helpful perhaps??

Definitely planning on allowing you to set some rules around how late you'll drive or how long you'll drive for at some point.

For those EU users that saw odd battery degradation reported numbers, it was an issue with the way Tesla reports the rated range numbers. For EU vehicles its using NEDC rated range. EVTripping was using the EPA range as a base to calculate battery degradation. Starting tomorrow it will now properly use NEDC rated range for EU vehicles.

We've had a number of questions about what you can benefit from by connecting your Tesla, here's a quick list:
  • Daily log data collection
  • Daily log summary including average miles driven, estimated efficiency, etc.
  • Daily log charts and graphs
  • Version history over time (how long your car has been on each version of Tesla firmware, when you got it, etc.
  • Daily reminders to plug in your car (if not plugged in)
  • Reminders for tire rotations (at your preferred frequency)
  • Reminders for annual service (at your preferred frequency)
Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 3.43.36 PM.jpg

We currently have 209 Teslas connected. You don't need to connect your car to use the Trip planning functions of EVTripping, it's just an extra benefit if you want it.

Was looking for an alternative since EVtripplanner was down, but I'm not willing to create an account just to look at a route's energy usage.

I suspect if you ditched this terrible requirement you would substantially increase your userbase.

Was looking for an alternative since EVtripplanner was down, but I'm not willing to create an account just to look at a route's energy usage.

I suspect if you ditched this terrible requirement you would substantially increase your userbase.

The user base may grow (I have about 5,000 users now) but so would my costs and there would be a lot more people kicking the tires who don't own Tesla's etc which would add to my server load and costs. While I have hundreds of cars (>500) attached for daily monitoring, many thousands of users, and over 41,000 routes calculated, user support for the site is near zero. For those that aren't willing to do simple email registration, i'm ok not getting them as users.