Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exciting news e-mail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dutchinchicago when did you initially reserve yours? Our vins are practically related! #49xx as well.

I reserved 10/02/2015, ordered 01/22 and confirmed 01/29.

My DS e-mailed me last night reassuring me that they will try everything they can to get my car to me as early as possible.

How did you find this out? Did this change on your MyTesla?
I got an e-mail from Tesla. My web page still shows the late April/May delivery window.

• Informative
Reactions: EV Family
I got an e-mail from Tesla. My web page still shows the late April/May delivery window.
Where does it show you this on your My Tesla page?
I can't even tell which section this info would show up in.
I was told Mid to Late May by DS, Late April - May by Tesla Email, then DS said car is slated for production last week of April and it would be 4-8 weeks after that to receive car.

I heard that 4-8 week SWAG when I called the main 800 number Tuesday asking about status for the first time since my order confirmed 3/14. Sadly, I think the extra 4 weeks is to allow for a complete rebuild at the SC if needed. That works for me in terms of rough CYA estimation, but how can they then say May/June for 90/75 new orders today. What new customer will be happy when they learn the truth later, probably from us no less.

They used to give a rough estimate on MyTesla, but stopped doing that a couple weeks ago for new orders. It seems only VIN matters on that page at this time, and that is not even a great estimator of delivery at all, other than the fact that you crossed a line in the production process.

I can't even tell which section this info would show up in.
I was told Mid to Late May by DS, Late April - May by Tesla Email, then DS said car is slated for production last week of April and it would be 4-8 weeks after that to receive car.

It shows on my tesla page like this. I received an e-mail that it is going to be may-early June but the web page still shows the old delivery window.
upload_2016-4-15_14-36-59.png

• Informative
Reactions: Oceanwolf