Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exciting news e-mail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received this e-mail as well. I also went from April - Early May to late April - May. While I initially was thrilled to get this e-mail, it sure seems as though this is really notification of a schedule slip painted in the most possible light :)

Maybe better to cancel and re-order today as the public design studio shows May delivery for 90D, June for 75D. I am guessing these estimates are not based in reality, but your 90Ds will arrive a bit earlier than the new estimates via email and DS. I suspect they are just doing CYA estimates other than for new buyers. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Colby, funny and sad, but I think we know its either the seats or the prem pkg. You'll get it quickly once they figure out how to build whichever one it is, whenever that is. If its premium pkg, then I will be waiting much longer than you. At least quality improves with every VIN built, so there is that to consider.

I just received this e-mail as well. I also went from April - Early May to late April - May. While I initially was thrilled to get this e-mail, it sure seems as though this is really notification of a schedule slip painted in the most possible light :)
My vin (49xx) configuration date and confirmation date are all nearly identical to yours but I did not receive an email that indicates a later delivery date than the initial estimation of April-Early May. I'm hoping it stays that way tomorrow as well as I was really counting on the delivery to happen by early May. I've still not been able to connect with my DS and he has never responded to any of my inquiries.

Nooooooooooo

So Tesla delayed my delivery to May - Early June. In my optimistic mind I am hoping for a mid May delivery now.

I let the DS know that I will be out June 6th till June 22th to which he replied that he has scheduled the delivery for end of June.

aaaaaargh.

I was looking at maybe a late April delivery a few days ago and now I am scheduled two months after that.

The DS let me know that my 49xx 90D will go in production this week.

I really don't want to wait another 10 weeks to get my car.

Reactions: Karynt
Nooooooooooo

So Tesla delayed my delivery to May - Early June. In my optimistic mind I am hoping for a mid May delivery now.

I let the DS know that I will be out June 6th till June 22th to which he replied that he has scheduled the delivery for end of June.

aaaaaargh.

I was looking at maybe a late April delivery a few days ago and now I am scheduled two months after that.

The DS let me know that my 49xx 90D will go in production this week.

I really don't want to wait another 10 weeks to get my car.

Where are you located? Did you get premium package?

How can they give this response when the public order site says May delivery for 90D orders today. They really need to stop giving estimates until they figure out how to do it with some level of accuracy.

At a local Tesla store in Atlanta today and a very informative TM rep told me that May delivery estimation for the 90D is bogus for new orders. They really do need to stop with the false hope if indeed that is the case.
I also learned from my DS today that my 90D (vin 49xx) no premium pkg has entered production as of this week and should be delivered by early to mid May.
Hoping this remains to be the case.