Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Existing Inventory *unicorns*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

First post across the TMC! Whilst eagerly checking my Tesla account for any update on my M3 LR order and delivery, I happened to check the existing inventory on the Tesla AU page. There appears to be a number of MY21 SR+ either in transit or in country available - just in case anyone is interested :)

Reactions: Hairyman
It’s almost tempting to cancel and re-order for a seemingly quicker delivery! 🥺
Do it it's like $150 yea? Otherwise it's a long agonizing wait. Speed is of the essence, faster you get into a Tesla the more you save on fuel. Which is like ridiculous now.

For me I was about to order and wait 12 weeks.... booked a test drive on 19th. After which during chit chat. Just took the plunge, someone didn't took delivery. Hence I got the last 2 unicorn 🦄 in the system at showroom Melbourne. Website didn't show any. Black and blue. Got the black one. The guy said those two will be sold in the next 1 hr. I got like 1 min to think and make a decision 🤣.

19th ordered, Nov. 26th paid generated invoice in full.... Status now show... Prepare for delivery. I am monitoring my vin on VicRoads for my plates.
Just Book a test drive again and go to the showroom see if they got anything extra if you don't like the colours. You never know someone might not be able to take delivery.

Reactions: Vostok and rgc1990
Do it it's like $150 yea? Otherwise it's a long agonizing wait. Speed is of the essence, faster you get into a Tesla the more you save on fuel. Which is like ridiculous now.

For me I was about to order and wait 12 weeks.... booked a test drive on 19th. After which during chit chat. Just took the plunge, someone didn't took delivery. Hence I got the last 2 unicorn 🦄 in the system at showroom Melbourne. Website didn't show any. Black and blue. Got the black one. The guy said those two will be sold in the next 1 hr. I got like 1 min to think and make a decision 🤣.

19th ordered, Nov. 26th paid generated invoice in full.... Status now show... Prepare for delivery. I am monitoring my vin on VicRoads for my plates.
Just Book a test drive again and go to the showroom see if they got anything extra if you don't like the colours. You never know someone might not be able to take delivery.
Correct - it is only $150. That’s my current issue - the waiting and uncertainty of when progress might be made. From reading around the forum, it’s made to sound as if February might be the expectation.

I rented a SR+ ‘privately’ for the weekend a couple of weeks ago, almost hoping that I wasn’t going to enjoy it; however, that definitely was not the case! 😂 and placed my order the first night on the 12th.

Unfortunately where I’m located there are no Tesla showrooms and it’s generally difficult to cross the border into QLD, and Sydney is a fair hike. I am hoping someone can’t take delivery and I can be matched with a car sooner 😁

I hope your delivery date is swift!

I rented a SR+ ‘privately’ for the weekend a couple of weeks ago, almost hoping that I wasn’t going to enjoy it; however, that definitely was not the case! 😂 and placed my order the first night on the 12th.
That was your undoing! Test driving these little beasts is what ropes you in and then it is down the Tesla rabbit hole forever - my sales advisor KNEW I would buy the Tesla after the test drive even though I was adamant I was going to wait for the Ioniq 5 to arrive! ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok and rgc1990
That was your undoing! Test driving these little beasts is what ropes you in and then it is down the Tesla rabbit hole forever - my sales advisor KNEW I would buy the Tesla after the test drive even though I was adamant I was going to wait for the Ioniq 5 to arrive! ;)
That was definitely my undoing! Apart from the unknown wait time at the moment, I don’t have a single regret apart from not getting onboard much sooner! 😂

Perhaps it is why they’re called ‘Sales Advisors’ and not a salesperson - the car sells itself 😁

Reactions: Gayle S
I was waiting for the ioniq 5 and ev6 it's like forever. And for the price.. it's a "Korean" car. Tesla has a certain special status no matter Model 3 or S or X. Anyway it's supporting a once in a lifetime entrepreneur that disrupt the industry.

Reactions: Vostok