Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extend Cabin Overheat Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to extend the cabin overheat protection past 12 hours without getting in the car? I'm in Las Vegas for the weekend, and left the car in the valet area, so I'd like to prevent the cabin from roasting in 120 degree weather without returning to the car or remotely running the AC too often.

That reminds me to ask... How much of a range hog is the cabin overheat protection (assuming Arizona Sunshine on a 110 deg. day for approx. 12 hrs.?) Anyone?

Valet at any of the big hotels is in a garage. So temp should be more like 95 without any outside intervention. Valet Almost always uses the lower floors of a parking structure for speed and easy access for them. Login remotely and check the temps. I'm curious.

I live in Vegas. Been 110+ this week. Interior of the car hit 115 a few times (i don't have cabin protection turned on, otherwise it would never turn off).....I don't worry about. Every other car in Vegas survives just fine without this feature. I just pre-condition the car when I'm walking out to it, and it's cooled down when i get to it.

As far as range goes, I've noticed if i run it for the full 30 mins, it takes off 2-3 miles.