Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extending a Used Vehicle Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"As long as your vehicle is still protected by a New Vehicle Limited Warranty, you can purchase an Extended Warranty"
I can generate a quote using the VIN & mileage, provided I say yes it is still inside its New Vehicle Limited Warranty... but it isn't. But it does generate the quote... so I'm not sure what to make of that. Probably just a 'dumb form' I assume?

"As long as your vehicle is still protected by a New Vehicle Limited Warranty, you can purchase an Extended Warranty"
I can generate a quote using the VIN & mileage, provided I say yes it is still inside its New Vehicle Limited Warranty... but it isn't. But it does generate the quote... so I'm not sure what to make of that. Probably just a 'dumb form' I assume?
Yes, a dumb form. It doesn't disqualify you at the point of purchasing. They will happily take your money, send you an invoice and certificate, and then revoke it.

I bought my extended warranty on 10/04, after having previously emailed per their instructions to ensure I would qualify when it was relaunched. It still hasn't appeared in the app, although it has for others. They took the full amount instantly (£2773). Emails to them asking for updates either go unanswered for weeks if they are answered at all.

I have no idea at this point whether they're going to honour the warranty or just keep my money.

All of that is to say that although you're probably disqualified anyway, that might not be a bad thing.

£2773 is a lot for 4 years, or it seems so to me. Are you really going to have to spend £3k+ on repairs to make it worth it? I know there are some expensive things that can go wrong but my mileage is limited (Only done 10,000 in 3 years).

Yup, it's a lot. PTC heaters seem to be a weak point in Model 3s, suspension top mounts too. Both ought to be covered.

You can get a pro-rata refund for unused months, and it can be transferred to a new owner. I man mathsed it that it would make my car more attractive on the resale market, and perhaps add a little bit of value.

Reactions: KennethS