Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facelift CPO (not Performance) vs. Performance CPO (no facelift)

Facelift CPO (not Performance) vs. Performance CPO (no facelift)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although the prices have been dropping like crazy, I am electing to hold off till 2019 for a P85D or maybe even a refresh 75D uncorked with ap2

I am hoping I can find an even better deal if/when the interior refresh gets announced and with the updates towards the AP2.

If there is no refresh, I still think a better deal could be found given the AP2-2.5 updates.

However..... how long can I really tame my excitement by waiting.

I am all about the right buy/deal so I am hoping that is enough to hold me over.

Although the prices have been dropping like crazy, I am electing to hold off till 2019 for a P85D or maybe even a refresh 75D uncorked with ap2

I am hoping I can find an even better deal if/when the interior refresh gets announced and with the updates towards the AP2.

If there is no refresh, I still think a better deal could be found given the AP2-2.5 updates.

I am all about the right buy/deal so I am hoping that is enough to hold me over.
You're my Spirit Twin, I'm thinking the exact same way, HAHAHA!!!

I think the supply/demand is more impacted by a bunch of 2015 and 2016 coming off lease at year end. If I recall, Tesla did massive sales pushes at both those Decembers. Should be many CPO's coming onto market soon...my cursory analysis of ev-cpo.com data shows 2-6 weeks from car lease returned to Tesla CPO posting....so mid January it might start...

Anyone else feel same way or got something else?

Here's literally my first post so take it easy on me. I'm in a similar boat and comparing 85D, P85D, 75D and 90D. They all are in the 50k-55k range and my "must haves" are Blue/AP1/Next Gen/Pano/4-Yr CPO. Facelift and Turbines are "like to haves.

Right now my order is Facelifted 75D, Nosecone 90D, followed up by a P85D.

My reasoning was that i like the facelift and feel like it will look less dated as time goes on. Its also logical that even though they will all get the 4-yr warranty, the 2016 will have more years on the powertrain warranty.

Sound logical? Now i just gotta pull the trigger.....

I wouldn't worry about wheels as that's a fairly easy upgrade down the road and I agree on the facelift. I was against it at first but its grown on me and as you say looks less dated.
As soon as you see something you like, request pictures so you can get an idea on the condition. They now get sent out automatically so no waiting a day or 2 only for the car to sell before you even got pics or its a pile and something you don't want to bother with. I just received a set this morning, 10 feet away with a cell phone, while others have been shot in a tent focusing on wheels and interior/exterior with clear images.
Good luck in your search!

I wouldn't worry about wheels as that's a fairly easy upgrade down the road and I agree on the facelift. I was against it at first but its grown on me and as you say looks less dated.
As soon as you see something you like, request pictures so you can get an idea on the condition. They now get sent out automatically so no waiting a day or 2 only for the car to sell before you even got pics or its a pile and something you don't want to bother with. I just received a set this morning, 10 feet away with a cell phone, while others have been shot in a tent focusing on wheels and interior/exterior with clear images.
Good luck in your search!
thanks. I have pictures on all of them. they look like my daughter too them on a Polaroid. The 75D that's my favorite is actually a little "worn" looking, but im kinda assuming that any car i get is going to get paint correction and detailed (not by tesla).

My general advice is not to rush into a purchase unless you absolutely are under the gun. There are and will continue to be plenty of used inventory. If something doesn't feel right, then move on and wait for something you like.

Sounds like you prioritize looks over performance so the 75D is the right move.

"Performance" is a tough metric and "looks" is too.

With range, the 90D is the best performer.
With acceleration the P85D is the best performer.
The 75D at 4.2 0-60 is no slouch, and does "look" the best to me. (once i add the rear spoiler and turbines)

Here's literally my first post so take it easy on me. I'm in a similar boat and comparing 85D, P85D, 75D and 90D. They all are in the 50k-55k range and my "must haves" are Blue/AP1/Next Gen/Pano/4-Yr CPO. Facelift and Turbines are "like to haves.

My reasoning was that i like the facelift and feel like it will look less dated as time goes on. Its also logical that even though they will all get the 4-yr warranty, the 2016 will have more years on the powertrain warranty.

Hey. Congrats and you are going to love the car whichever one you decide. Never an easy decision and your doing the right think and thinking it through, weighing pros and cons and being selective.

As @Lifeinabox recomended, be patient. Lots of inventory to choose from and prices drop daily.

Use ev-cpo.com for research and the tools to track and monitor the cars you have your eye on.

Based on your most recent breakdown, it really is your decision on what is most important: range, looks, or performance. You can’t really go wrong with any of them.

My personal opinion is the P85D is the best “value” at the $55k price point. Maybe it’s my bias because I’m a sucker for performance (knowing it’s faster than that Tesla next to me) or maybe I’m just basing on retail price vs where it is today, not sure.

Lots of posts on the P85D on TMC which helped me confirm my thoughts as others felt the same.

Keep us updated! I love living vicariously through other new buyers to see the excitement I had when I got mine!

Reactions: spy4007

Make sure you vote in the poll. Thanks for the thoughts

Most people would go for the performance version without the facelift as the results of the poll clearly prove that. I myself once faced with that decision. Ended up picking a December built CPO 2015 p85d all options included except for the rear facing seats for $50,600. No regrets at all.

The + was an option on some P cars but was discontinued due to lack of popularity due to a harsher ride..

This is blatantly false.
Both the rear wheel drive P85 and P85+ were discontinued in September of 2014 with the introduction of the all wheel drive P85D.

The + suspension was extremely popular due to its ability to keep the car level during hard cornering, among other things. In addition, the first several months of 2014 P85D production kept the + suspension, making them much more desirable (and fun to drive) than the later 2015 models.

Most people would go for the performance version without the facelift as the results of the poll clearly prove that. I myself once faced with that decision. Ended up picking a December built CPO 2015 p85d all options included except for the rear facing seats for $50,600. No regrets at all.

Thanks for the opinion. Wow, that was a really good price for a 2015 P. Can I get some more details on the car?

Thanks for the opinion. Wow, that was a really good price for a 2015 P. Can I get some more details on the car?

Sure.
upload_2018-12-12_10-50-46.png

Pictures below
Dropbox - 5YJSA1E49FF104181 - Simplify your life

Any other questions, let me know.