Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[FAKE] Ride-share company purchases Times-Square Billboard Complaining about 1.5yr Repair Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short: I've loved Tesla/Elon for a very long time and craved the day I could buy one - however I've come to the painful conclusion that someone who needs a single and absolutely reliable car for daily life should not buy a Tesla

As stated b4 - I was thinking about buying a M3 - after watching this board closely for more than 4 years I was very hesitant because I only want to own one car and it needs to be as reliable as my current car (2003 Honda Civic hatchback)

Why would I buy an expensive new car that can't do its job as effectively as my current car?

The fact that a profit-seeking company spends the money to run an ad in Times Square complaining about Tesla reliability has helped me move on from now retired dream. Those who will of course claim this is fake news or FUD --- I have read countless stories on this forum of MS, MX, and M3 cars being sidelined for ungodly amounts of time -- the trend has continued with the M3!

People always claim shorts/big oil create accounts here to create negative threads ---- why wouldn't Telsa create accounts on this forum and create positive threads

Oh well, such is life --- moving on

It's a damn shame though --- instead of shunning Toyota's advice, imagine if Elon embraced the offer and listened to them?

Shemajpg.jpg

Chinese car hailing company demands compensation from Tesla in Times Square, NYC - Global Times

Long story short: I've loved Tesla/Elon for a very long time and craved the day I could buy one - however I've come to the painful conclusion that someone who needs a single and absolutely reliable car for daily life should not buy a Tesla

As stated b4 - I was thinking about buying a M3 - after watching this board closely for more than 4 years I was very hesitant because I only want to own one car and it needs to be as reliable as my current car (2003 Honda Civic hatchback)

Why would I buy an expensive new car that can't do its job as effectively as my current car?

The fact that a profit-seeking company spends the money to run an ad in Times Square complaining about Tesla reliability has helped me move on from now retired dream. Those who will of course claim this is fake news or FUD --- I have read countless stories on this forum of MS, MX, and M3 cars being sidelined for ungodly amounts of time -- the trend has continued with the M3!

People always claim shorts/big oil create accounts here to create negative threads ---- why wouldn't Telsa create accounts on this forum and create positive threads

It's a damn shame though --- instead of shunning Toyota's advice, imagine if Elon embraced the offer and listened to them?

View attachment 401843

Chinese car hailing company demands compensation from Tesla in Times Square, NYC - Global Times

With this being from a Chinese company, when Tesla is looking to break into the Chinese market, it stinks of economic/social espionage.

With this being from a Chinese company, when Tesla is looking to break into the Chinese market, it stinks of economic/social espionage.
Nah not really. There was a post by a European company couple weeks back who returned their first model 3 delivery because of quality issues. While an individual may have time to get their model 3s fixed, big companies ordering a large number of vehicles are not gonna have time to return a car for an indefinite time for repairs when they have a business to run. The corporate espionage thing doesn't make sense. One of the competing companies byd had a 632% jump in profits. China has had many evs in the market for a long time. Tesla is only for the Uber rich over there, not really for the masses.

Reactions: aaron0k
There are two aspects. The cars are very reliable. in 5 years and driving over 200k miles my Model S never let me down. Never got stranded because the car had issues or broke down. I had flat tires or other influences that disabled the car but that has nothing to do with Tesla. Every time I needed a service, Tesla gave me a loaner car for free. Absolutely reliable.

When you get in an accident, you are literally screwed, though. Certified body shops are hard to find and have long waiting times. Getting parts from Tesla is still, 6 years after the Model S first came out, is still troubled by long delays. I waited 11 weeks for a quarter panel replacement. Countless similar stories about long waiting times when a car needs body work. Tesla's inability to deliver parts on time is still a problem.

Accidents are rare though and I would still recommend buying a Tesla despite that issue. But it's definitely something Tesla need to get better at. Elon is brilliant and need to continue pushing innovation. But behind him needs to be a team of people making the company complete.

It's interesting that the only info I can find on Shenma Zhuanche, the company mentioned in the article, is about the billboard and I don't see any major news orgs writing about it. Also it seems to me that if their business was harmed due to Tesla unreliability they would sue not resort to blackmail.

It’s amazing how much fake news and Tesla haters are out there..

• Love
Reactions: Brando

View attachment 401843

What do you mean about shunning toyota’s advise? And I would agree, if you need a “ single absolutely reliable car for daily life” then you should absolutely not get a cutting edge tech filled car. You should stick to Honda, you will be happier. Me, well I’m tired of my soul eroding Toyota. But some people don’t enjoy driving either. Two words.....Bus Pass. It will never break down.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Runt8
First of all, those days when it would take a lifetime to get service appointment is long gone.. literally in a few days mobile service shows up at your door these days... service comes to you! Tell me what other company has that?

Tesla sent a rover to my office to fix the glove box, but now the plastic is coming loose from the pillar with the seatbelt on the driver's side and they expect me to drive my car 4 hours to a service center. I'm still arguing with them to send a rover to make sure they know what parts they need if I'm going to have to drive all that distance, they need to ensure they have everything they need before I get there.

I think he means the successful Japanese company that's been around since 1937...

While you're riding around in your M3, cool as sliced pickled feces... Toyota should be given some credit for igniting thought about sustainable vehicles (Prius).
Sure but that was 20 years ago. How much credit do they still get when their tech hasn’t advanced since then, and in fact they now use BS like “self-charging” cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.