Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy Flight #2 - Arabsat 6A - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been in Titusville since Friday. Bummed the launch isn’t on Sunday 4/7 as was first listed. Tuesday weather not looking good for a launch with widespread afternoon thunderstorms and a 90% chance of rain. Being a noob I could be wrong though...

Been in Titusville since Friday. Bummed the launch isn’t on Sunday 4/7 as was first listed. Tuesday weather not looking good for a launch with widespread afternoon thunderstorms and a 90% chance of rain. Being a noob I could be wrong though...
Yup: Michael Baylor on Twitter

D3fcIYAWwAARWZI

Went to Playalinda Brach for a few hours today, just to scope it out for future trips. Looks like a great spot, at least from the first parking area. I recall reading that, depending on the launch pad, closer beaches are closed and you have to go further north, but still looks great. Wife disagrees saying, no way she’s using the facilities there, so I guess that’s not an option. :)

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW
Time of launch please..?

SpaceX.com is useless. There is no information there.
First post in this thread has been updated.
Launch Date: April 10th
Launch Window: 6:36-8:35 p.m. EDT, 22:36 UTC to 00:35 UTC
Launch site: LC-39A, Cape Canaveral, Florida
Side Booster Recovery: RTLS
Core Booster Recovery: OCISLY
Boosters: All new Block 5, Side Boosters: B1052.1 and B1053.1 Center Core: B1055.1
Mass: 6000 kg
Orbit: GEO

At 11am EDT Falcon Heavy #2 is still in a horizontal position on pad 39A. A bit behind schedule, SpaceX is likely looking to launch towards the end of the window, 8:32pm EDT. Sunset is at 7:42. A good possibility of a spectacular twilight/sun reflection light show over the Atlantic this evening. Water fowl should beware!
fh.jpg

Reactions: e-FTW