Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Far West Texas Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn't get anyone in Balmorhea interested in an HPWC. Oil field workers are keeping the place pretty busy.
Cueva de Oso has great food (chile relleno!!), but the owner had no use for a charger - thinks there will be no demand.

I have a spare HPWC, version 1.
I would be willing to donate it to a location in Alpine, Marathon, Fort Stockton, or Balmorhea,
This one will deliver 80 amps, so we need to get it fed by a 100 amp beaker.

Where do you think we need it the worst?

I couldn't get anyone in Balmorhea interested in an HPWC. Oil field workers are keeping the place pretty busy.
Cueva de Oso has great food (chile relleno!!), but the owner had no use for a charger - thinks there will be no demand.

I have a spare HPWC, version 1.
I would be willing to donate it to a location in Alpine, Marathon, Fort Stockton, or Balmorhea,
This one will deliver 80 amps, so we need to get it fed by a 100 amp beaker.

Where do you think we need it the worst?

Very kind of you. Fort Stockton or Balmorhea would get my vote.

I was informed this week that Tesla would indeed pay fo the Hotel Limpia installation - yea!
I tried to PM you about subsidizing your (much appreciated) investment, but you have inbound messaging turned off for yourself. I'm glad to hear that Tesla will pay you for your troubles. If there are crumbs left over that are out of pocket for you, I would be happy to make a contribution. Keep us posted. Or PM me. Or both...

You done good bruddah.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I went to Jemez Springs through Albuquerque. Last month I went to Hobbs and then Whitesand National Park and charged at R&P EV Park and Laundry in Artesia for $20.

Yikes. My house is on plugshare in Eunice. Just PM me and I'll give you the address. My HPWC is on the fritz but please feel free to use my 14-50. There's a few restaurants within walking distance. The RV park south in Jal is also a great free place to charge.

Reactions: ATX37