Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature or bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The stripes in the photo (hopefully since I haven't done this from my iPad before) are not something I have seen in other pictures before. The stripes move with your head position and so are an optical effect and not something static.

Some people ask what it is and others say "cool".

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,240
Those are rotary buffer swirls in the clear coat finish. Was it delivered to you like that? Or did you have it detailed afterwards? In either case, that is a HUGE effed up job. It is *NOT* supposed to look like that. You're not supposed to see ANY swirl marks after a good detail!

Found a pic on the net of a different random car with some swirls and a section that's been corrected already. You need to get your corrected!

2MB2GrossSwirls1o.jpg

The stripes in the photo (hopefully since I haven't done this from my iPad before) are not something I have seen in other pictures before. The stripes move with your head position and so are an optical effect and not something static.

Some people ask what it is and others say "cool".

Bug, don't wait more than a few sunny days to get this resolved as it will be more difficult to fix properly without stressing the finish.

That's a severely messed up polishing job. Man I will check my Model S very well if that is the condition they try to deliver it in... I know I'll be doing a paint correction anyway early on, but if it looks half as bad as that it's on Tesla's tab...