Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Requests For Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My features request is for them to give me basic things that most other manufacturers offer before investing on something new.

Given it cost 100k and gloat being a luxury vehicle, little basic things it neglected to provide like

1. Rear cup holders. Of course they offer it now with late 2016-2017 model, but screwed us who bought it earlier

2. Blind spot detection. Simple, but not offered

3. 360 camera view

Reactions: clostridium
My features request is for them to give me basic things that most other manufacturers offer before investing on something new.

Given it cost 100k and gloat being a luxury vehicle, little basic things it neglected to provide like

1. Rear cup holders. Of course they offer it now with late 2016-2017 model, but screwed us who bought it earlier

3. 360 camera view

As I mentioned before, blind spot detection is there. It shows up as a gray arc next to the car on the dash.

For cup holders, you might ask the SC if they can put it in. Might not be able to, but worth checking.

3. 360 camera view

Seems a bit dramatic to claim to be screwed when you got exactly what you paid for. I bought a Roadster in 2011 and watched while every buyer after me got better tech for less money ... and never felt screwed. I had more time driving a Tesla than any of them. I finally pulled the trigger on an XP100D and have no doubt there will be better versions and different promotions and whatever. And that's how it works.

Reactions: Akikiki
Would love to have different equalizer presets for different audio sources, or ideally for different streaming stations. Basically, some way to have different equalizer settings automatically for "talk" broadcasts (news, podcasts) and music. As it is, I have to change the settings manually when switching between the two; otherwise the "talk" broadcasts sound too bassy/muddy OR the music broadcasts sound too tinny (lacking bass). Even just having equalizer presets that I can toggle between manually would be a big improvement.

Reactions: unbelievable
As I mentioned before, blind spot detection is there. It shows up as a gray arc next to the car on the dash.

For cup holders, you might ask the SC if they can put it in. Might not be able to, but worth checking.
That's not effective blind spot detection. It lags too much to be useful and doesn't reliably and consistently identify objects there compared with my prior vehicles and my wife's current vehicle all of which cost less than half as much.

Seems a bit dramatic to claim to be screwed when you got exactly what you paid for. I bought a Roadster in 2011 and watched while every buyer after me got better tech for less money ... and never felt screwed. I had more time driving a Tesla than any of them. I finally pulled the trigger on an XP100D and have no doubt there will be better versions and different promotions and whatever. And that's how it works.

While I see the point, I have to disagree in the fact the changes occurs too frequently. For a typical car, a redesign occurs every 4 years and luxury cars occur every 6-8 years. In between they have mid cycle refresh where minor thing changes.

For Tesla, Model S changes something every less than 12 months. Whether it is something as big as battery configuration or small things like offering cup holders. The changes occur too often, causing a difficult to TrueType assess the value of the vehicle.

While I see the point, I have to disagree in the fact the changes occurs too frequently. For a typical car, a redesign occurs every 4 years and luxury cars occur every 6-8 years. In between they have mid cycle refresh where minor thing changes.

For Tesla, Model S changes something every less than 12 months. Whether it is something as big as battery configuration or small things like offering cup holders. The changes occur too often, causing a difficult to TrueType assess the value of the vehicle.

So you want them to hold off on improvements so that buyers have a longer period of feeling they have the latest and best? Or because you cannot figure out what the car is worth when it changes often? We Tesla fanboys & fangirls just have to get used to the fact that unlike other car companies, but very much like computers, Tesla will introduce improvements as they are available, and when we buy a Tesla it will be the latest model only for a short time. It will, however, continue to be the same wonderful car it was when we bought it.

That's not effective blind spot detection. It lags too much to be useful and doesn't reliably and consistently identify objects there compared with my prior vehicles and my wife's current vehicle all of which cost less than half as much.

You pay for electric. Batteries are expensive, and you cannot get the features of an $80K stinker on an $80K BEV. I'll agree, however, that blind spot detection is a very important feature. I wish my Roadster had it.

So you want them to hold off on improvements so that buyers have a longer period of feeling they have the latest and best? Or because you cannot figure out what the car is worth when it changes often? We Tesla fanboys & fangirls just have to get used to the fact that unlike other car companies, but very much like computers, Tesla will introduce improvements as they are available, and when we buy a Tesla it will be the latest model only for a short time. It will, however, continue to be the same wonderful car it was when we bought it.

You pay for electric. Batteries are expensive, and you cannot get the features of an $80K stinker on an $80K BEV. I'll agree, however, that blind spot detection is a very important feature. I wish my Roadster had it.

To be clear - there's better blind spot detection in cars costing less than 30k. This shouldn't have anything to do with electric car or not. Tesla shouldn't even advertise that it's present because it's a joke.

I wish the GPS would display current elevation. Even the cheap portable GPS units have this feature. It's really simple to implement, too, since the GPS satellites already supply both position and elevation data - it's simply a matter of displaying it on the screen!

(Yes, I know about TeslaWinds, but when I'm driving in the mountains where I really want to know the elevation, there's usually no cellular signal so it doesn't work)