Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Requests For Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish the GPS would display current elevation. Even the cheap portable GPS units have this feature. It's really simple to implement, too, since the GPS satellites already supply both position and elevation data - it's simply a matter of displaying it on the screen!

(Yes, I know about TeslaWinds, but when I'm driving in the mountains where I really want to know the elevation, there's usually no cellular signal so it doesn't work)

Position calculated from GPS is extremely accurate, but elevation data from GPS is extremely inaccurate. The only way to get good elevation data is from a topo map or a properly calibrated barometer. I don't know if our Teslas have access to elevation data on the maps they use for street information.

Some hand-held GPS units for hikers etc., have a built-in barometer for this reason. But they're accurate only if calibrated frequently, which can mean several times a day if the weather is changing.

Interior light mode that turns on only the lights for the rear passenger seats, ideally controllable so only one side can be turned on . Why ? Because our toddler likes having that light on after dusk . We could reach over and turn it on but only if one of us is in the back too .

For my upcoming trip to Canada, where headlights during the day are highly recommended if not required, I want a selection for headlights to be always on when driving, but shut off automatically when the car is put into park.

As it is now, the car will beep at me if I leave the headlights on when I open the door, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to just have them automatically shut off.

(If there is a way, please, somebody tell me.)

Wish Tesla/Genie/Chamberlain would come up with a garage door opener with separate commands for open and close. Sure phone apps have some feedback but I would like the car to send a open door or close door cmd with feedback to the car that the door is open/closed.

There are two things I would like. 1) A teenage drive mode. Granted I am not likely to let my 17yo drive this car but I would like a setting similar to valet mode. Speed and acceleration would be restricted but navigating to home wouldn't be. 2) The ability to set a "heat to" and "cool to" temperature. I have always used the temperature setting in my car like I do my house, I heat to 68 and cool to 72. If I cool much colder than that I start to ache.

Last edited:
Incognito Mode - Completely blacks out the screens even when the car is turned on.

Even at 0% the screens are still so bright especially at night specifically. During the day it's fine obviously. Sometimes I really don't wan't all that brightness at night. This would be great on road trips when you got people in the back and then they don't have this ball of light going to their eyes.

If that can't be done then brightness options to go even lower than the current 0% level.

Reactions: ICUDoc
Incognito Mode - Completely blacks out the screens even when the car is turned on.

This is probably impractical since they've chosen not to give us an instrument cluster on the dash. Blacking out the screen would mean we'd have no speedometer. Maybe not needed on the highway if you're following the flow of traffic, but there's always times when no other cars are around, and AFAIK, following the flow of traffic is not a legal excuse for speeding. So the car has to have a working speedo.

So many problems with putting everything on the screen!

Hi all, my internal list for now
  • Auto night mode in tunnel (car knows it, shows tunnel graphics on dash). The white big screen is is quite annoying.
  • Auto lights and auto high beam as reliable as in AP1. Probably won't happen as it works somehow

Here's my list:

1. Include trip ETA and maybe destination battery percentage in the binnacle navigation screen so I don't always need to have the nav up on the centre screen.

2. Option to view the side rear-facing camera in the left or right binnacle display when activating the turn signal while driving (might be a good way to check the blind spots, especially if it could include distance lines overlaid on the road). Or instead of the side binnacle displays, it would switch from the rear camera view to the side camera view in the main display when using the turn signal. I miss the passenger mirror camera on my Civic for checking my right blind spot when using the right turn signal so I tend to leave my rear view camera on at all times.

3. Just for fun: ICE mode. The sound system pumps out gasoline sports car sounds like a Ferrari, Lamborghini or V8 muscle car based on accelerator input and speed. It could even insert dips in the power/braking to simulate gear changes and you could use the steering wheel scroll buttons as paddle shifters, LOL. I know a lot of people here hate the idea, but I think it would be fun, or at least a humorous Easter egg. Normally I love how quiet my Model S is, but sometimes I wish I had those awesome sports car sounds when I'm on a pleasure drive (with the added bonus of not disturbing the people outside the car).

For my upcoming trip to Canada, where headlights during the day are highly recommended if not required, I want a selection for headlights to be always on when driving, but shut off automatically when the car is put into park.

As it is now, the car will beep at me if I leave the headlights on when I open the door, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to just have them automatically shut off.

(If there is a way, please, somebody tell me.)

I second this!
in my country it is compulsory to have lights ON 24/7, but this setting can not be memorised with a fob (as you can do for seat position).
All I can do is have them memorised as AUTO, which means that the lights will be OFF in a good sunny day, and I risk being fined for that. So every time I get into the car I have to remember to go to the setting screen and turn them ON manually.
On the plus side, I do not have to turn them OFF when I finish driving, because after a few beeps, when you close the car (or when it closes itself if you have the walk away option) they are turned OFF automatically.