Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

February 2022 Ordered and Estimated Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dates changed over the weekend from 12/5 to 12/31 to 12/2 to 12/30. So a slightly longer window, but there seems to be movement which I will take as a good sign!
Tesla Tease campaign continues. I received this text at 6:04 last night:

"Tesla Update - Hi Jonathan, great news! Your Model Y (RNXXXXXX) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.
We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.
In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app."

My EDD didn't change. It is still 12/02 - 12/30.

I guess this is part of the process and is good news.

If anyone else has received this message and later taken delivery, what was the duration between this message and release of your VIN and/or delivery?

Thanks -

Impatient pre-owner

"Tesla Update - Hi Jonathan, great news! Your Model Y (RNXXXXXX) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.
We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.
In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app."

If anyone else has received this message and later taken delivery, what was the duration between this message and release of your VIN and/or delivery?

Thanks -

Impatient pre-owner
I got the message as well. I believe those are the generic message and my EDD has not changed. May be they want the customers not to cancel the orders? EOQ push is for sure.

I am trying to delay till next year and will how it goes.

Thanks -

Impatient pre-owner
Got a similar message on 10/21 and follow up was on 10/31 and was given a VIN on 11/1 with a locked in delivery date and time for 11/3. I could change/reschedule or pick up a time up to that point and it was automatically set to home delivery. Fremont is 12 miles away. I ordered in May.

Pretty sure it varies for everybody so nothing is really guaranteed until the car is in front of you, lol

Got a similar message on 10/21 and follow up was on 10/31 and was given a VIN on 11/1 with a locked in delivery date and time for 11/3. I could change/reschedule or pick up a time up to that point and it was automatically set to home delivery. Fremont is 12 miles away. I ordered in May.

Pretty sure it varies for everybody so nothing is really guaranteed until the car is in front of you, lol
Good to know!

Thanks

Been trying to find some recent data points, I have a Feb reservation but would like to change from White to Grey, add the tow hitch and add the white seats. Will this 1. push me to the end of the line? 2. Will I receive the pricing from the Order Date? White and Grey are both free so I dont think that makes a difference and I'm not sure if the seats/tow hitch pricing ever changed. Really looking to add these things up front but I'm concerned of whether or not it will reset any of my pricing.

Been trying to find some recent data points, I have a Feb reservation but would like to change from White to Grey, add the tow hitch and add the white seats. Will this 1. push me to the end of the line? 2. Will I receive the pricing from the Order Date? White and Grey are both free so I dont think that makes a difference and I'm not sure if the seats/tow hitch pricing ever changed. Really looking to add these things up front but I'm concerned of whether or not it will reset any of my pricing.

You will receive pricing that was available at order date.

Adding the tow hitch and white seats technically moves you up in the priority list but white seat cars are not being shipped out in high numbers right now.

Nobody but Tesla knows how this actually will delay you.

OD 9 Feb 2022. MYLR MSM with White interior, tow hitch, EAP.
Original EDD was August
EDD NOV 5 - Dec 3
EDD Nov 18 - Dec 2
EDD Dec 5 - Dec 31

Bad news for me today -- EDD just slipped to the right again and expanded -- Starting to lose all hope with the exception of now hoping for another slip into 2023 for the chance at the Tax Incentive.

I'm wondering if the slip might have something to do with me having selected Enhanced Auto Pilot. The majority of its advantages are disabled until they get the software figured out while using Vision instead of the Ultra Sonic Sensors.

OD 9 Feb 2022. MYLR MSM with White interior, tow hitch, EAP.
Original EDD was August
EDD NOV 5 - Dec 3
EDD Nov 18 - Dec 2
EDD Dec 5 - Dec 31

Bad news for me today -- EDD just slipped to the right again and expanded -- Starting to lose all hope with the exception of now hoping for another slip into 2023 for the chance at the Tax Incentive.

I'm wondering if the slip might have something to do with me having selected Enhanced Auto Pilot. The majority of its advantages are disabled until they get the software figured out while using Vision instead of the Ultra Sonic Sensors.
Hard to know the rhyme or reason. My EDD changed Sunday from 12/2 to 12/30 to 11/26 to 12/8. Then again yesterday to 11/27 to 12/8. I ordered Midnight Silver with Black interior. No other upgrades. So, I guess my MYLR is getting closer...?

Last edited: