Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feeling less and less comfortable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks you guys. I have a real thing about honesty and forthcomingness. It just makes my internal alarm bells go off. I actually knew or got to know my last couple of car salesmen at Lexus and Toyota, and really totally trusted them and their advice. I didn't feel that way here.

I can believe battery model is not a bad idea, but it is a different idea for me. I think I would go for 60 model, but I would like the ability to go cross country and not sure how crazy this would make me (I prefer to drive for 8-12 hour stretches and then stop for the night, so big change).

Here is a link to one of the discussions about the suspension: Suspension Problem on Model S. This guy had a control arm failure. It's a really long thread. I have seen similar things elsewhere. There was also a thread someplace where the guy had purchased a CPO, took it home because he needed to use it, and had expected them to deal with pitting on glass and paint job but I think was not getting the response he expected. Couldn't find it again.

I don't know a lot about cars, and I'm very frugal - so this adds to my nervousness. I don't want to buy a lemon! I want to be treated like a queen like I still am for my really-old Camry and was for my Lexus, where I feel like they will go out of their way to make things right at a fair price. I know there can be outliers for anything, but I just need to know that, in general, people are having good experience with their retailers.
Try a different Tesla shop. I'm serious! You might just have come across one bad guy, everyone I've ever dealt with at Tesla has been great.

My car, Model X 75D, completed production early last week, it is on its way here to NJ and I am truly suffering from buyer's remorse. I had to rationalize the heck out of this purchase. It is a huge gadget and will eventually become worthless; it's only a car for heaven’s sake. Maybe I should have invested the funds into more real estate or my retirement. This is insane, I am planning to retire this December, I can afford it, I have been frugal, I have worked hard all of my life.

I am a 63 year old single woman and I am tired of being invisible, so I ordered a multi-coat red one with a white interior. What was I thinking? Now I am worried that this gadget will attract too much attention. Should I wrap or not? Oh my god, I could go on and on.

Then yesterday my son finally figured out how much I will be spending on this toy and hit the roof. I think I might name her "Senior Moment," and I will be going with a half wrap. If you do pull the trigger, check out the cost of wrapping, even more insanity.

Your choice, if you can afford it, I understand your pain and even if you go ahead and order you may continue to struggle like me. I am going to go through with this, I deserve it, I am grateful for all of my success and do not take it for granted for a minute, treating myself does not come easily for me.

I know I am not going to spend all my money before I die, my sons will get plenty, just $100,000 less! I am worth this. Now, I am re-thinking her name. See, if you enjoy allowing your mind rattle away go ahead and order. Trust me, it is not going to stop after you order. I sure hope that once she arrives I can relax and just enjoy my ride. It’s been an amazing journey so far.
Hey I wish my mother had a Model X!
Your remorse will vanish forever once you start driving it :)

Try a different Tesla shop. I'm serious! You might just have come across one bad guy, everyone I've ever dealt with at Tesla has been great.

I think this is the only shop in the five-state area - I'm lucky it's less than 15 minutes from my house! But maybe look for someone with whom I have better chemistry. The guy was always polite, so I don't want to over-dis him.