Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fellow car cleaning obsessives...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really good read thank you, would be interested to see something on self application of ceramic coating, I know there’s a lot out there already but your style of writing is especially clear!

I'm not a car-clean fanatic - in fact just the opposite. I suppose I washed my previous Honda once a year for 15 years....
However, with a AU$163k car just out of the dealer I thought it a good idea to give it some protection: wrapping and pro ceramic seemed a bit OTT given the treatment I give my vehicles, so I have just finished applying a couple of coats of Mothers CMX.

No idea what the wear will be like but the application is dead easy - wipe it on, wait five minutes and polish the haze off. The end result is like glass. About a couple of hours for each treatment.

Good information! a couple of points from my experience: -

I always find the snow foam holds better if applied without a pre-rinse.
A modern Iron-out/drop-out cleaner will help before a clay bar. Rinse and clean well after and before the clay bar.

Really good read thank you, would be interested to see something on self application of ceramic coating, I know there’s a lot out there already but your style of writing is especially clear!

@DaveW Thanks for your comprehensive tutorial. Perhaps: instead of using the foam pistols on the pressure washer you could use the 'stand alone' version. Same effect. https://www.amazon.co.uk/GLORIA-Lit...eywords=GLORIA+sprayer&qid=1587928428&sr=8-22

Thanks for all of your input, I've updated the guide with your suggestions and recommendations and added a home ceramic guide too (as above). I've also tweaked the layout of the page slightly to make it scan better (and some CSS wrestling too :confused:)

Cleaning your Tesla - TeslaEV.co.uk
Applying a ceramic coating at home - TeslaEV.co.uk

Just a shame it's now raining most of the week, at least the car looks great with all that beading :cool:

Thanks for all of your input, I've updated the guide with your suggestions and recommendations and added a home ceramic guide too (as above). I've also tweaked the layout of the page slightly to make it scan better (and some CSS wrestling too :confused:)

Cleaning your Tesla - TeslaEV.co.uk
Applying a ceramic coating at home - TeslaEV.co.uk

Just a shame it's now raining most of the week, at least the car looks great with all that beading :cool:
Enjoyed reading this.

Might want to correct this typo though:

Jet wash risne

@DaveW are you on commission? I have purchased most of the recommended products :D

Mainly because if I've upgraded on the car, then I need to upgrade on the cleaning kit too!

@stonecoldrmw Haha, as I've put on the site there are some affiliate links there (so if you buy from directly clicking the links on the site I will get a very small kick back if the purchase is part of an affiliate program - mainly eBay / Amazon), but I'd rather the blog was about adding value rather than me making a few quid, so I've just tried to find the cheapest / best places and linked to those.

Really don't want it to be another 'bottom feeder' site that is hovering for referrals etc.. or desperate to earn money from people. If it makes enough to pay for the hosting a month (which is less than £40 as there are multiple sites on one box) then happy days, if not I'll still keep going as it's good to help people :)

Sadly the car cleaning stuff does get expensive, I watched a YouTube clip about both Gyeon Wet Coat (now on order) and Waxplanet 8 Below snow foam which I'll order when I'm running out of the 3 different bottles of that I've currently got :/

• Helpful
Reactions: stonecoldrmw
@stonecoldrmw Haha, as I've put on the site there are some affiliate links there (so if you buy from directly clicking the links on the site I will get a very small kick back if the purchase is part of an affiliate program - mainly eBay / Amazon), but I'd rather the blog was about adding value rather than me making a few quid, so I've just tried to find the cheapest / best places and linked to those.

Really don't want it to be another 'bottom feeder' site that is hovering for referrals etc.. or desperate to earn money from people. If it makes enough to pay for the hosting a month (which is less than £40 as there are multiple sites on one box) then happy days, if not I'll still keep going as it's good to help people :)

Sadly the car cleaning stuff does get expensive, I watched a YouTube clip about both Gyeon Wet Coat (now on order) and Waxplanet 8 Below snow foam which I'll order when I'm running out of the 3 different bottles of that I've currently got :/

I spent £68 on the wash, washmit, 2 microfibre cloths and a seat cover for where the childs car seat is. This car is going to bankrupt me!

I am finding it really difficult to get the wheel arches clean. Any advice? I live down quite a muddy (when wet) Lane and I get a lot of caked in mud in the wheel arches. I can get the majority of it off with a pressure washer but they never look clean!

I am finding it really difficult to get the wheel arches clean. Any advice? I live down quite a muddy (when wet) Lane and I get a lot of caked in mud in the wheel arches. I can get the majority of it off with a pressure washer but they never look clean!

I wonder if that’s due to the material used on them.

quick search came up with this guide: How To Clean Dirty Fabric Wheel Arches

• Informative
Reactions: TomD and ajp558
My c
You're just spending the petrol savings on accessories! :D

I've put down a microfibre cloth under my daughters seat, hopefully it'll help a bit

My goodies came yesterday. Have fitted the car seat protector and that looks pretty good. Looking forward to washing it soon! It's not had a wash since she arrived and as I can't afford ceramic protection yet, this will have to do!

Reactions: DaveW
Something new to test this weekend :)

F2045BC0-EA76-481E-AC27-B9FE84FCAF17.jpeg

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Something new to test this weekend :)

View attachment 538520
This is good stuff although I mainly use it on the missus's car as mine has PPF and ceramic top coat. I tend to do around 3 quick waxes per year and then use the Gyeon every other wash. Really easy to use and beads nicely. But be sure to use lots of water in the final rinse and don't use too much - 4 or 5 squirts per panel is enough. I may start to use it on my car at some point in the future but not needed just yet

This is good stuff although I mainly use it on the missus's car as mine has PPF and ceramic top coat. I tend to do around 3 quick waxes per year and then use the Gyeon every other wash. Really easy to use and beads nicely. But be sure to use lots of water in the final rinse and don't use too much - 4 or 5 squirts per panel is enough. I may start to use it on my car at some point in the future but not needed just yet

Might be limited benefit on mine too, I'll see if it adds any improvement as I've already got the Gyeon quartz kit on my car, topped up with both Cure and QD :)